• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well It Is About Time..... Score One For The Good Guys......

SourKraut

If he is convicted the fine and jail time will look like nothing compared to the damages he might pay to the woman he shot.

And, who in their right mind stuffs a pistol in their waistband without a holster?

Billy D

ya right, im sueing you for a "welt". Not gonna happen. In order for a lawsuit to be succesful there has to be some kind of damage, assault at beat. An unfortunate occurance, ya the cop should known better, but it was an accident.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

There ought to be a law!

And, who in their right mind stuffs a pistol in their waistband without a holster?
There ought to be a law, like the Saturday Night Special law, to protect us from such common sense. Maybe a list of approved holsters that meet state established criteria or WAVE could make the list or the NRA - they know more about gun safety than idiots. Gun control is control.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

ya right, im sueing you for a "welt". Not gonna happen. In order for a lawsuit to be succesful there has to be some kind of damage, assault at beat. An unfortunate occurance, ya the cop should known better, but it was an accident.
LOL A welt is a perfect tort for an attorney to ride all the way to the bank.

Resdon111

In a written statement, Milwaukee Police Chief Edward A. Flynn said: "I am disappointed the District Attorney has decided to use the overburdened criminal justice system to address a situation that is best and most appropriately handled as a training and disciplinary matter."

My dislike for that man grows stronger every time he opens his mouth.

msteinhilber

It was an 100% preventable accident that could have and SHOULD have absolutely never happened - because it did happen that's called negligence. I bet the woman could easily have a case if she so desired.

MackdaddyMP21

I am fairly confident that if the Concealed Carry law was not passed or in effect, the officer would have not been charged and just referred to his department for internal discipline / training. This is certainly only my opinion but I think the DA is covering his ass for any future gun negligence that may come from a civilian with a CCL. Because i think we can all agree if that was a civilian he would have been arrested and charged on the spot. The DA doesn't want to get into a favortism match and that's why he is charging this officer.

Now, I believe the incident should never have happened. Whether or not he should be criminally charged, I'm on the fence about, but that's why we have a DA I supposed.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
It Didn't Just Go Off...He Pulled The Trigger

The gun did not "go off". The cop pulled the trigger which caused it to fire. The pistol he was carrying will never just "go off", not if you drop it from 10 feet, run over it with a truck or beat it with a sledge hammer. It just won't happen. The gun was jammed into his waistband like some kind of gang banger and apparently he felt the gun "slipping" down his pants so he grabbed for it. Obviously he pulled the trigger which caused the gun to fire and then it slipped on down his pant leg onto the floor. The bullet impacted the floor causing the bullet to mostly disintegrate with pieces of it apparently hitting a woman nearby. That means it was fired almost vertically direct into the floor. This "cop" should be charged just as anyone else would be charged. Why give him an out when not one of us would ever get that lucky? If this had happened to any of us "civilians" we would be buried under the jail.

Throw the book at this guy and remove him from the police force.

msteinhilber

The gun did not "go off". The cop pulled the trigger which caused it to fire. The pistol he was carrying will never just "go off", not if you drop it from 10 feet, run over it with a truck or beat it with a sledge hammer. It just won't happen. The gun was jammed into his waistband like some kind of gang banger and apparently he felt the gun "slipping" down his pants so he grabbed for it. Obviously he pulled the trigger which caused the gun to fire and then it slipped on down his pant leg onto the floor. The bullet impacted the floor causing the bullet to mostly disintegrate with pieces of it apparently hitting a woman nearby. That means it was fired almost vertically direct into the floor. This "cop" should be charged just as anyone else would be charged. Why give him an out when not one of us would ever get that lucky? If this had happened to any of us "civilians" we would be buried under the jail.

Completely agree, a common man or woman would have been charged that same day even if they had their "permission slip" so the concealed firearm wasn't an offense in itself.

Resdon111

Why? Hes right.

Showing up at the station with a soiled uniform is a training and disciplinary matter. Doing doughnuts with the squad car in the station parking lot is a training and disciplinary matter. Farting into the radio is a training and disciplinary matter.

This, however, is gross negligence. He put lives at risk and almost killed someone because he didn't exercise the degree of care a reasonable person would exercise in the same circumstances. If that bullet hit the ground at a different angle, it could have been in somebody's head instead of pranging that lady's thigh. The officer committed a crime, and he's not above the law.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

What he said. +1