• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well It Is About Time..... Score One For The Good Guys......

hermannr

Billy D: In a way I tend to agree with you. He should face a disciplinary hearing first, then be charged. The biggest problem with that is he was off duty and at time "disciplinary hearings" are shoveled under the carpet. The DA here is going to be walking a very tight line, and the DA is the one that will really get his panyhose in a bind if he goofs. (he may anyway)

If you will check Spokane WA, Thompson, and Zehm....you will see the choice was made by the Feds that charged and conviced Thompson after Zehm died from excessive force being used on him in 2006!!!!! Thompson's hearing still had not been held, AFTER 5 1/2 YEARS! and the whole time Thompson was still a paid officer on the Spokane police force.

The really sad part of this whole store is: Otto Zehm's only crimes were, he was a bit mentally slow (downs syndrome) and did not understand why he was being attacked. He was doing nothing criminal at the time. He was purchasing a bottle of soad pop at a convience store. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...ng-excessive-force-thompson-zehm-spokane.html

Dobb

i am fairly confident that if the concealed carry law was not passed or in effect, the officer would have not been charged and just referred to his department for internal discipline / training. This is certainly only my opinion but i think the da is covering his ass for any future gun negligence that may come from a civilian with a ccl. Because i think we can all agree if that was a civilian he would have been arrested and charged on the spot.

ding ding ding

protias

I am fairly confident that if the Concealed Carry law was not passed or in effect, the officer would have not been charged and just referred to his department for internal discipline / training. This is certainly only my opinion but I think the DA is covering his ass for any future gun negligence that may come from a civilian with a CCL. Because i think we can all agree if that was a civilian he would have been arrested and charged on the spot. The DA doesn't want to get into a favortism match and that's why he is charging this officer.

Now, I believe the incident should never have happened. Whether or not he should be criminally charged, I'm on the fence about, but that's why we have a DA I supposed.

He was referred to his department and "According to the Greendale chief, the officer was turned over to MPD to review proper safety protocol."

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2884842

The gun did not "go off". The cop pulled the trigger which caused it to fire. The pistol he was carrying will never just "go off", not if you drop it from 10 feet, run over it with a truck or beat it with a sledge hammer. It just won't happen. The gun was jammed into his waistband like some kind of gang banger and apparently he felt the gun "slipping" down his pants so he grabbed for it. Obviously he pulled the trigger which caused the gun to fire and then it slipped on down his pant leg onto the floor. The bullet impacted the floor causing the bullet to mostly disintegrate with pieces of it apparently hitting a woman nearby. That means it was fired almost vertically direct into the floor. This "cop" should be charged just as anyone else would be charged. Why give him an out when not one of us would ever get that lucky? If this had happened to any of us "civilians" we would be buried under the jail.

Throw the book at this guy and remove him from the police force.

Ignoring the whole not using a holster, wouldn't it be common sense to try to press it against your leg with your palm and not your fingers?!