• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey fellow gun owners

NG19

Welcome to the site. There is a bounty of information on this site. Sometimes there are debates but what can we say, were only human. I can't tell you much about the Springfield area but there are several on here who are in that area. As far as laws are concerned, this site is pretty accurate but it is always in an individuals best interest if they look them up. The individual then knows the laws rather than assuming it. If you can't find something or you need an opinion of someone else, just ask, we are all usually pretty friendly. Again, welcome to the site.

ecocks

Welcome.

I'd appreciate any info on specific places (businesses or municipalities) which do and don't support OC in the Springfield/Sparta area.

So frustrating when going to a state without pre-emption......

Redbaron007

Welcome to the site!!!!

There is a lot of info here....some you will agree with.......some you won't. However, either way, it'll make you think, not necessarily to change your mind but at least see it in a different light.

I'm in the same area. No problems except a couple of years ago or so with WM on S Campbell. Still get some looks, but nothing else.

adoptionofgrace

Welcome.

I'd appreciate any info on specific places (businesses or municipalities) which do and don't support OC in the Springfield/Sparta area.

So frustrating when going to a state without pre-emption......

In the Splfd I have been to a lot of business down on commercial street and frequently open carry for walks with my dog in that area. I have yet to have any problems in business or restaurants down there. So far all the wal-mart's i have been to in town have not given me any trouble either. I know the Battlefield Mall doesn't allow firearms and it is posted on the entrances.

ecocks

Thanks for the info!

I will be in the Springfield-Branson area for a couple of weeks.

Great to know about the Mall and downtown.

Redbaron007

Thanks for the info!

I will be in the Springfield-Branson area for a couple of weeks.

Great to know about the Mall and downtown.

The mall nija guard are anal on this. If they find out your are CCW, they will engage you until the LEO shows up. However, it's not a crime. Just leave when requested, if you get asked.

The city of Branson is not OC friendly. Last I heard, they allow OC with a CCW...Lately, I thought they were trying to prevent OC all together.....double check Branson. Same with Ozark/Nixa too.

I hope some of the some of the folks down there my chime in with an update.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The mall nija guard are anal on this. If they find out your are CCW, they will engage you until the LEO shows up. However, it's not a crime. Just leave when requested, if you get asked.

LMGDAO, I have to say, I have never witness such an action there, but I totally believe it. I rarely will bother anyone but I can assure you, you are 100% correct, the morons running security at that mall are the worst I have ever seen. It does not have a thing to do with guns and every thing to do with the employment of idiots. I think they must have a test that you are required to FAIL before working there. I mean if you even give one of these idiots eye contact and say hello when walking by, they can get stupid, it is comical.

Redbaron007

LMGDAO, I have to say, I have never witness such an action there, but I totally believe it. I rarely will bother anyone but I can assure you, you are 100% correct, the morons running security at that mall are the worst I have ever seen. It does not have a thing to do with guns and every thing to do with the employment of idiots. I think they must have a test that you are required to FAIL before working there. I mean if you even give one of these idiots eye contact and say hello when walking by, they can get stupid, it is comical.

:lol: I love to go to the mall and watch these guys! They are hilarious!! They are on their Segways (or whatever they call them thar tings) tooling around. My daughter laughs at them too; she works at the mall.

A couple of years ago, the local mall nija guard wanted to press charges against a CCWer that was discovered (I don't know the details). When they found out they couldn't, it made the mall management very upset. Since then, they have been very anal about it, mainly to embarrass you in public. I used to know the assistant general manager of the mall here and a nja guard (he thought it was funny) that confirmed this was the unwritten rule.

One of my daughters friends father works as a nija guard at the mall. He saw me in the mall and explicitly told me CCW was against the law and they would prosecute! :lol: He used to shoot at the same gun range I shot at, until he got that job, now he is never there.

You are right, it is all about power!