Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: please explain to me "normal", and explain yourself

please explain to me "normal", and explain yourself

so i've read here in the past and specially today when people on this forum argue over "well if a person looks like this", or "if a person chooses to wear that", or "he was wearing (enter whatever you don't like here)...", etc..etc..etc..

well here's my question. shouldn't each individual have the RIGHT to choose what they want to wear, WITHOUT it affecting their other RIGHTS. does a person wearing a suit have more right to carry, then a person wearing a jump suit??? does a person dressed like a cowboy have less right to carry (lets change that to SELF DEFENSE) than somebody dressed like a priest??? does a woman have more right to self defense than a man???

Let me give you an example. I'm very curious on your opinions, and REASONS.

if you saw someone like this next to you, do you think he should be allowed to open or conceal carry??? please explain your answer.

picked these off the internet. hope the owner doesn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_vette View Post
    so i've read here in the past and specially today when people on this forum argue over "well if a person looks like this", or "if a person chooses to wear that", or "he was wearing (enter whatever you don't like here)...", etc..etc..etc..

well here's my question. shouldn't each individual have the RIGHT to choose what they want to wear, WITHOUT it affecting their other RIGHTS. does a person wearing a suit have more right to carry, then a person wearing a jump suit??? does a person dressed like a cowboy have less right to carry (lets change that to SELF DEFENSE) than somebody dressed like a priest??? does a woman have more right to self defense than a man???

if you saw someone like this next to you, do you think he should be allowed to open or conceal carry??? please explain your answer.

picked these off the internet. hope the owner doesn't mind.

Those fenders HAVE to GO... other than that, bikers are people too
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 12-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Sure, why not? You cant judge a book by its cover. Some of the coolest and nicest people to talk to are "bikers".
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    Sure, why not? You cant judge a book by its cover. Some of the coolest and nicest people to talk to are "bikers".
    BUT......he's wearing camos.

(sorry, it's the "camo pants" comments that i seem to stumble upon quite often that got to me, so i figured i'd step it one up
    and throw in a picture of a tattooed and pierced biker while i was at it).

i am serious though. i want to see what people have to answer to my above question. i mean after all, "he is a biker". aren't bikers bad news???

Herr Heckler Koch

Ahh, but you can judge a book by its cover - when you have read enough of them.

Ahh, but you can judge a book by its cover - when you have read enough of them. And there are soo many books and so little time to read them that one must discriminate amongst them. The cues are subject, title, cover art - same as people.

Oops, my dinner guests arrive - bearded, young ...

BUT......he's wearing camos.

(sorry, it's the "camo pants" comments that i seem to stumble upon quite often that got to me, so i figured i'd step it one up
    and throw in a picture of a tattooed and pierced biker while i was at it).

i am serious though. i want to see what people have to answer to my above question. i mean after all, "he is a biker". aren't bikers bad news???
    Only the ones on Jap bikes...

Attachment 7571
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 12-08-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Bale da Hay

Society has its prejudices. Most "normal" (sheeple types) people would be wary of the biker type above on sight. You know it, and I know it.

But not everybody is a boozing, drug using, criminal, bike gang member just because they have tats, piercings, ride a bike, and wear camo. We've got a guy in our shop with tats all over his face and arms, He shaves his head, and rides a bike. But the tats are artistic, part of a overall pattern, he shaves his head to show off the tats, and he rides a sports bike. He also has a very pleasant personality under that ink. So you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

If, on the other hand, the biker smells, is belligrent, rude, verbally abusive....then you're gonna edge away from him.

Actions can speak louder than words.

LOL. Not sure what "he" has hanging off his clutch lever but camo and tats dont bother me.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

It really ticks me off when sombody wants to decide what is right for sombody else. If I choose to decide what is right for sombody else it would set the precedent that it is perfectly all right for that sombody else to decide what is right for me.
    Exodus 21:12-14

Click here for some Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    LOL. Not sure what "he" has hanging off his clutch lever but camo and tats dont bother me.
    I think that it's a riding crop; used to "pick" the boogers from offensive cage drivers noses'...
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 12-08-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Bale da Hay

oops. just realized i posted this in "wisconsin". think i should have posted this in the general section, since it's all over this site that i read remarks like that, and not just in wisconsin. oh well. i'm sure there are enough people here with opinions. LOL

part of me is sorta thinking though that the people who do judge based on appearances won't voice their opinion when asked, because they don't know who's on the other end. why are people on willing to talk about others when they don't have to look them in the face???

This ain't the California forum. So any attire here is acceptable as a spokesman for the cause. If one so desires.

On the same note, appearance does not make one a "biker" either. Actions do.

This is also a great pic of a donor. Not a biker. ATGATT if you want if live.

Your mileage may vary.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    This ain't the California forum. So any attire here is acceptable as a spokesman for the cause. If one so desires.

On the same note, appearance does not make one a "biker" either. Actions do.

This is also a great pic of a donor. Not a biker. ATGATT if you want if live.

Your mileage may vary.
    Two wheels & a one-finger(your pick) attitude is my benchmark...
    Bale da Hay

Look forward to riding with you.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

It's everyone's right to dress & look anyway they want to.... BUT......it's also everyones right to look down upon someone for dressing in a fashion they deem inappropriate, Lame, scummy, etc.... You can dress to stand out, you can dress to intimidate, you can dress like a Prostitute..but don't act surprised when Society treat's you like CRAP for doing so....

Dress to blend / Dress to impress or in other terms dressing like a mature adult will get you the most favored result's in Societies eyes...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 12-08-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    ..but don't act surprised when Society treat's you like CRAP for doing so....
    Like when you own firearms.

Like when you wear a pistol Open Carry style.

Like when you have a CC license.

Like when you don't carry in the Condition that is comfortable to you instead of what everyone demands absolutely.

Like carrying the Caliber you choose instead of folding to the kicking and screaming of the caliber queens.

Like then you champion the Constitution.

Shall I continue? The stink of hypocrisy is already burning my eyes.

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

I have no problems the way someone looks. I look at people's actions. It has been said time and time again, "Don't judge a book by its cover." The older I get, the more it rings true.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    It's everyone's right to dress & look anyway they want to.... BUT......it's also everyones right to look down upon someone for dressing in a fashion they deem inappropriate, Lame, scummy, etc.... You can dress to stand out, you can dress to intimidate, you can dress like a Prostitute..but don't act surprised when Society treat's you like CRAP for doing so....

Dress to blend / Dress to impress or in other terms dressing like a mature adult will get you the most favored result's in Societies eyes...
    well society treats you like crazy for carrying a gun. so if we all stopped carrying, then we won't have to worry about being treated like loonies, and the cops will stop harassing us. right???

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Look forward to riding with you.
    Soon as I get some brakes, Bro...my need for speed is exponentially balanced; with the need to slow down and smell the cheeseburgers

As for the hypocrisy smell, try a Wendy's Frostie with a Mikey D's burger & Burgerking O-Rings...or this

Last edited by Lurchiron; 12-08-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Bale da Hay

First of all it is probably impossible to explain myself as normal. Some on this forum would agree. I feel a person has the privilege to do anything they want within the law and what is socially acceptable. In that vein I don't have to like things just because others think I should. I have just as much right to dislike as to like, regardless what others think.

well society treats you like crazy for carrying a gun. so if we all stopped carrying, then we won't have to worry about being treated like loonies, and the cops will stop harassing us. right???
    Some, more than others; me thinks...
    Attachment 7572
    Bale da Hay

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Yes, if he can legally own a gun, he should be allowed to open or conceal carry, because he is a human being with a natural right to live and to protect that life and the lives of his family. (Looks like he's wearing a wedding ring...)
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    Only the ones on Jap bikes...

Attachment 7571

DAT HAIR lol

I don't think you'll find too many people here who are against dressing how you want. Everyone here is pretty pro-liberty all the way around. I feel that dressing with a little "class" only helps us look more like responsible gun owners, but I see nothing wrong with being in biker attire and carrying.

The problem is when you're carrying with your pants down at your knees wearing a shirt that says **** THE PO'LEECE < at this point your attire may shed bad light on open carry.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Yes, if he can legally own a gun, he should be allowed to open or conceal carry, because he is a human being with a natural right to live and to protect that life and the lives of his family. (Looks like he's wearing a wedding ring...)
    wow...good eye on the ring. when reading forums, i'm always amazed at the detail that some people find in pictures. i never pic details like that out of pictures. i'm pretty good at doing that in real life, but in pictures.....details......huh???what???

McX
    he doesnt bother me, but then again i think i know him; model T-101, riding the cyberdyne motorcycle i beleive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast