• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

please explain to me "normal", and explain yourself

scorpio_vette

so i've read here in the past and specially today when people on this forum argue over "well if a person looks like this", or "if a person chooses to wear that", or "he was wearing (enter whatever you don't like here)...", etc..etc..etc..

well here's my question. shouldn't each individual have the RIGHT to choose what they want to wear, WITHOUT it affecting their other RIGHTS. does a person wearing a suit have more right to carry, then a person wearing a jump suit??? does a person dressed like a cowboy have less right to carry (lets change that to SELF DEFENSE) than somebody dressed like a priest??? does a woman have more right to self defense than a man???

Let me give you an example. I'm very curious on your opinions, and REASONS.

if you saw someone like this next to you, do you think he should be allowed to open or conceal carry??? please explain your answer.

picked these off the internet. hope the owner doesn't mind.
mebike.jpg

mebike2.jpg

Lurchiron

so i've read here in the past and specially today when people on this forum argue over "well if a person looks like this", or "if a person chooses to wear that", or "he was wearing (enter whatever you don't like here)...", etc..etc..etc..

well here's my question. shouldn't each individual have the RIGHT to choose what they want to wear, WITHOUT it affecting their other RIGHTS. does a person wearing a suit have more right to carry, then a person wearing a jump suit??? does a person dressed like a cowboy have less right to carry (lets change that to SELF DEFENSE) than somebody dressed like a priest??? does a woman have more right to self defense than a man???

Let me give you an example. I'm very curious on your opinions, and REASONS.

if you saw someone like this next to you, do you think he should be allowed to open or conceal carry??? please explain your answer.

picked these off the internet. hope the owner doesn't mind.
mebike.jpg

mebike2.jpg

Those fenders HAVE to GO... other than that, bikers are people too :D

Last edited:

Billy D

Sure, why not? You cant judge a book by its cover. Some of the coolest and nicest people to talk to are "bikers".

scorpio_vette

Sure, why not? You cant judge a book by its cover. Some of the coolest and nicest people to talk to are "bikers".

BUT......he's wearing camos.

(sorry, it's the "camo pants" comments that i seem to stumble upon quite often that got to me, so i figured i'd step it one up
and throw in a picture of a tattooed and pierced biker while i was at it).

i am serious though. i want to see what people have to answer to my above question. i mean after all, "he is a biker". aren't bikers bad news???

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Ahh, but you can judge a book by its cover - when you have read enough of them.

Ahh, but you can judge a book by its cover - when you have read enough of them. And there are soo many books and so little time to read them that one must discriminate amongst them. The cues are subject, title, cover art - same as people.

Oops, my dinner guests arrive - bearded, young ...

Lurchiron

BUT......he's wearing camos.

(sorry, it's the "camo pants" comments that i seem to stumble upon quite often that got to me, so i figured i'd step it one up
and throw in a picture of a tattooed and pierced biker while i was at it).

i am serious though. i want to see what people have to answer to my above question. i mean after all, "he is a biker". aren't bikers bad news???

Only the ones on Jap bikes... :banana:

View attachment 7571

Last edited:

rcav8r

Society has its prejudices. Most "normal" (sheeple types) people would be wary of the biker type above on sight. You know it, and I know it.

But not everybody is a boozing, drug using, criminal, bike gang member just because they have tats, piercings, ride a bike, and wear camo. We've got a guy in our shop with tats all over his face and arms, He shaves his head, and rides a bike. But the tats are artistic, part of a overall pattern, he shaves his head to show off the tats, and he rides a sports bike. He also has a very pleasant personality under that ink. So you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

If, on the other hand, the biker smells, is belligrent, rude, verbally abusive....then you're gonna edge away from him.

Actions can speak louder than words.

SourKraut

It really ticks me off when sombody wants to decide what is right for sombody else. If I choose to decide what is right for sombody else it would set the precedent that it is perfectly all right for that sombody else to decide what is right for me.

scorpio_vette

oops. just realized i posted this in "wisconsin". think i should have posted this in the general section, since it's all over this site that i read remarks like that, and not just in wisconsin. oh well. i'm sure there are enough people here with opinions. LOL

part of me is sorta thinking though that the people who do judge based on appearances won't voice their opinion when asked, because they don't know who's on the other end. why are people on willing to talk about others when they don't have to look them in the face???

HandyHamlet

This ain't the California forum. So any attire here is acceptable as a spokesman for the cause. If one so desires.

On the same note, appearance does not make one a "biker" either. Actions do.

This is also a great pic of a donor. Not a biker. ATGATT if you want if live.

Your mileage may vary.

Lurchiron

This ain't the California forum. So any attire here is acceptable as a spokesman for the cause. If one so desires.

On the same note, appearance does not make one a "biker" either. Actions do.

This is also a great pic of a donor. Not a biker. ATGATT if you want if live.

Your mileage may vary.

Two wheels & a one-finger(your pick) attitude is my benchmark...:dude:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
It's everyone's right to dress & look anyway they want to.... BUT......it's also everyones right to look down upon someone for dressing in a fashion they deem inappropriate, Lame, scummy, etc.... You can dress to stand out, you can dress to intimidate, you can dress like a Prostitute..but don't act surprised when Society treat's you like CRAP for doing so....

Dress to blend / Dress to impress or in other terms dressing like a mature adult will get you the most favored result's in Societies eyes...

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

..but don't act surprised when Society treat's you like CRAP for doing so....

Like when you own firearms.

Like when you wear a pistol Open Carry style.

Like when you have a CC license.

Like when you don't carry in the Condition that is comfortable to you instead of what everyone demands absolutely.

Like carrying the Caliber you choose instead of folding to the kicking and screaming of the caliber queens.

Like then you champion the Constitution.

Shall I continue? The stink of hypocrisy is already burning my eyes.

:shocker:

protias

I have no problems the way someone looks. I look at people's actions. It has been said time and time again, "Don't judge a book by its cover." The older I get, the more it rings true.

scorpio_vette

It's everyone's right to dress & look anyway they want to.... BUT......it's also everyones right to look down upon someone for dressing in a fashion they deem inappropriate, Lame, scummy, etc.... You can dress to stand out, you can dress to intimidate, you can dress like a Prostitute..but don't act surprised when Society treat's you like CRAP for doing so....

Dress to blend / Dress to impress or in other terms dressing like a mature adult will get you the most favored result's in Societies eyes...

well society treats you like crazy for carrying a gun. so if we all stopped carrying, then we won't have to worry about being treated like loonies, and the cops will stop harassing us. right???

Lurchiron

Look forward to riding with you.

Soon as I get some brakes, Bro...my need for speed is exponentially balanced; with the need to slow down and smell the cheeseburgers :D

As for the hypocrisy smell, try a Wendy's Frostie with a Mikey D's burger & Burgerking O-Rings...or this

[video=youtube;kY4Ytj0itGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=kY4Ytj0itGo[/video]

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

First of all it is probably impossible to explain myself as normal. Some on this forum would agree. I feel a person has the privilege to do anything they want within the law and what is socially acceptable. In that vein I don't have to like things just because others think I should. I have just as much right to dislike as to like, regardless what others think.