• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop discharging weapon at Southridge WILL be charged

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/police-sergeant-charged-after-gun-goes-off-at-southridge-i83ca0c-135265738.html

Now, what pisses me off the most in this article is Flynn's statement: "I am disappointed the District Attorney has decided to use the overburdened criminal justice system to address a situation that is best and most appropriately handled as a training and disciplinary matter." Yup, what an ass, especially when the sentence is followed by this quote from the next paragraph:

"Edwards has not yet been disciplined in connection with the case, and there is no previous discipline listed on his personnel record."

protias

Perhaps he'll say the same thing with MKEgal? Nah, that's too much to hope for. :rolleyes:

bigdaddy1

Yep, live fire training must be authorized in malls now.:eek: I was driving home from work friday, and heard a news blurb about some off duty cop that was arrested for drunk driving. I suppose we'll hear from Flynn soon about how that should also be handled "in house".:banghead:

Last edited:

MKEgal

Surprisingly, this is still an open case.

Michael A Edwards
Milwaukee County Case Number 2011CM006543
941.20(1)(a) Endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon
(FYI, part b is being armed while 'under the influence'. Same severity of crime; wonder why Flynn seems to think endangering public safety is no big deal?)

Pre-trial conference scheduled for 08-13-2012 at 03:00 pm
Milwaukee County Courthouse, Room 629
901 N 9th St.

And he's still not required to give his real home address.
The first one he gave was his work address, the second is his lawyer's office.

And he's still on a $500 signature bond for seriously endangering people,
while I'm on a $1000 signature bond for following the law.
And we're both charged with A misdemeanors.

Last edited:

Law abider

Surprisingly, this is still an open case.

And he's still on a $500 signature bond for seriously endangering people,
while I'm on a $1000 signature bond for following the law.
And we're both charged with A misdemeanors.

He'll probably gett off scott free or with a reduced sentence with an affordable fine not to mention that he will be encircled by 'wagons' to protect him. Old wisdom says: Birds of like feather flock together.

oliverclotheshoff

Yep, live fire training must be authorized in malls now.:eek: I was driving home from work friday, and heard a news blurb about some off duty cop that was arrested for drunk driving. I suppose we'll hear from Flynn soon about how that should also be handled "in house".:banghead:

cops driving drunk is a new training tool so they can have first hand experience on how to catch a drunk driver