• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer Scorpion

deadlifter

I picked up a Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 a couple weeks ago, and got out to the range to shoot it this past Sunday.

This is a great gun. Very smooth trigger, very accurate even with the cheap range ammo I was shooting. Consistently hitting at 25 yds with nice grouping. The gun is comfortable in my big hands, but I think with a little smaller hands it might be a bit big. Not nearly as bad as a doublestack 45, but a bit thicker than my springfield 1911.

If youre in the market for a nice 1911 give it a look.

09jisaac

I was thinking this should be my next gun (or a 226 in .357) until I realized I didn't have near enough money to get either of them.

They have gotten great reviews in some magazines I read at walmart.

2A Pride

The Scorpion was just on the cover of the Feb 2012 edition of Combat Handguns Magazine. The author of the article, Andy Massimilian, spoke very highly of the T & E gun he received. I've never been crazy about external extractors, but according to Sig, it makes their particular 1911 gun more reliable than an internal one would, and I figure they would know that better than I. My local dealer had a Sig 1911 "POW MIA edition" in a couple weeks ago, that also included a K-Bar knife. It was without a doubt one of the coolest guns I've ever seen from a production company, but I was looking for another commander to carry and this was certainly not a carry gun.

To the OP, Did the one you purchased come with the G10 Hogue Piranha grips with the magwell?

deadlifter

The Scorpion was just on the cover of the Feb 2012 edition of Combat Handguns Magazine. The author of the article, Andy Massimilian, spoke very highly of the T & E gun he received. I've never been crazy about external extractors, but according to Sig, it makes their particular 1911 gun more reliable than an internal one would, and I figure they would know that better than I. My local dealer had a Sig 1911 "POW MIA edition" in a couple weeks ago, that also included a K-Bar knife. It was without a doubt one of the coolest guns I've ever seen from a production company, but I was looking for another commander to carry and this was certainly not a carry gun.

To the OP, Did the one you purchased come with the G10 Hogue Piranha grips with the magwell?

Yes it did come with the Hogue grips. They grip really do grip your hand with the aggressive pattern they put on it.

Last edited:

Malcolm

NIce.

I checked one out at the gun store last week. Awesome gun. I was highly impressed. I think that will be my next 1911. Ambi-safety was on point (I"m a lefty) sights, feel, weight, rail-system was looking nice. the one I played with was OD green. not my first choice but it was quality all around. enjoy.