• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Shoot and Kill Wild Turkeys

M

McX

According to a letter to the editor posted in this morning's local rag, the Caledonia Police, at the order of the Town President shot and killed 2 wild turkeys. From my understanding of the area, the birds were well liked by local residents. Thoughts of: Hunting out of season, and without a license, and discharging a firearm within 1000 ft. of a school come to mind. Turkeys, dont let the sun set on you in Caledonia!

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
City folks have lost touch with nature....

de0kdk.jpg

M

McX

thank goodness you found my cat......................you can keep him.

Lurchiron

According to a letter to the editor posted in this morning's local rag, the Caledonia Police, at the order of the Town President shot and killed 2 wild turkeys. From my understanding of the area, the birds were well liked by local residents. Thoughts of: Hunting out of season, and without a license, and discharging a firearm within 1000 ft. of a school come to mind. Turkeys, dont let the sun set on you in Caledonia!

I always thought that the tradition was, goose for Xmas...were these turkeys residents, or illegal alien turkeys???
View attachment 7574 :lol:

M

McX

i beleive the birds had ties to obvious terrorist organizations, and threatened the American way of life.

range rat

Haaaaa, another Taliban sleeper cell put down by our Brave boys in Blue!!!!

hermannr

Looks to me that they did it legally. I don't see a problem. Nuisance permits work well. On bear and deer too. Plus the officer that shot the birds could say he was being attacked...:)

I have had 42 turkeys in my front yard at a time...I just let our Doberman out..they leave. I guess that wouldn't work in town though eh?

rcav8r

When I was a kid, for some reason the house across the street from our was infested with pigeons. This was a neighborhood in the suburbs, every lot with a house on it, a block from main street.

Anyways, 2 or 3 times over the years, a police officer would come out and shoot the pigeons with a shotgun! All the neighborhood kids thought that was cool.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

That was one of my neighborhood jobs, after I was old enough, to shoot the pigeons with an old J. C. Higgins .22 and sand-shot. My neighborhood was of old Victorians with lots of gingerbread for the pigeons to hide. The neighborhood kids' gang hunted rats with old golf clubs filed to an edge.

When I was older I shot varmints, crows, possum, coon, over our high value crops' forty acres - white asparagus, tomatoes, cantaloupes. The majority of the farm/ranch was 1200 acres of pears. Crow feet were worth a nickle a pair, enough to keep me in .22.

Outdoorsman1

What happened to the turkeys... LEO supper I bet...

What about all the geese leaving their droppings in cemetarys, golf courses and such....

Disclaimer... I do not play golf but..... MMMmmmmmm Goose.....

Hey Mcx....I'll shoot the ducks off your roof.....Have (deadly) slingshot will travel......

Outdoorsman1

HandyHamlet

A number of neighbors in the area had been annoyed because the birds defecated on their porches. At one point Coutts said he couldn’t even get his mail because the turkeys were hanging around the mailbox and the mailman refused to deliver the mail.

Oh, so they were OWS turkeys. Or maybe they were just waiting for their delivery of X-mas weed from their Rooster cousin in Hawaii...
Even so, animals have rights. They were just exercising theirs. Why, oh why, couldn't the thugs at the DNR practice catch and release?

According to a report by the Caledonia Police Department, one of the officers said one of the male turkeys had attacked his squad car while he was driving and when he slowed down, the turkey pecked at his front tires. Other officers had also complained of the same thing.

So. They weren't shot for being turkeys. They were shot for being peckers.

oak1971

Oh, so they were OWS turkeys. Or maybe they were just waiting for their delivery of X-mas weed from their Rooster cousin in Hawaii...
Even so, animals have rights. They were just exercising theirs. Why, oh why, couldn't the thugs at the DNR practice catch and release?

So. They weren't shot for being turkeys. They were shot for being peckers.

:lol:

More proof that police can break the law with no consequences.

MilProGuy

(Schlitz is just gonna' LOVE this comment)
icon6.png

"Looks like the cops finally got tired of all the crap those turkeys were dishing out." :monkey:banana: