• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Subway

protias

There have been a few stores in WI that have been posted. Under WI law, if they post, they can be held liable if someone is injured or killed. So after I told them about it, and advertising that no one is able to defend themselves, this is the response I received:

Dear Mr. protias,

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the No Firearms posting at our Milton, WI location. I can see that you have a very valid point regarding this issue. This posting was enacted before the statute came into effect in response to employee request as well as local law inforcement's recommendations. However, we are currently in the process of having our legal team and owners look into the risks more thoughroughly due to the reasons you have mentioned. If we decide that it is best to not have this posting in our Subway locations we will be educating our staff on the benefits for thier safety of not having this posting. As I mentioned previously, I can definatley understand where you are coming from. Our intent is to NOT be a target and this signage could very well be making us a target for robbery. Again, thank you so much for your comment. We respect all comments made by concerned citizens like you.

Thanks Again,
Felicia Astin
District Manager

Saalsaa Bros. Inc./Subway

My reply:

Felicia

Please keep me informed of your decision, especially if this is going to be a single store, regional, or Subway corporate and I will pass that information to the over 27,000 members of OpenCarry.org.

Thank you have and have a wonderful day, as well as a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I do not hear back from you by then.

protias

Please contact Subway.

sraacke

And here I am eatting a Subway meatball sub I picked up while OCing in Baton Rouge on my way home from work. I didn't know when I logged on here that I'd see a Subway thread. I wonder if I had stopped at Burger King someone would have started a thread about OCing while getting a Whopper.

Baked on Grease

And here I am eatting a Subway meatball sub I picked up while OCing in Baton Rouge on my way home from work. I didn't know when I logged on here that I'd see a Subway thread. I wonder if I had stopped at Burger King someone would have started a thread about OCing while getting a Whopper.

Well, here I am eatting a Whopper (jr). Ask and you shall recieve. :)

To the OP: good job! Keep up the good work. Any chance we can see a copy of the letter you sent that worked so well?

Sent using tapatalk

Last edited:

protias

Well, here I am eatting a Whopper (jr). Ask and you shall recieve. :)

To the OP: good job! Keep up the good work. Any chance we can see a copy of the letter you sent that worked so well?

Sent using tapatalk

Unfortunately not. I used the Contact Us on Subway's web site, which does not give you a copy, just an email that says, "Thank you for contacting us."

carsontech

Activist Member
This posting was enacted before the statute came into effect in response to employee request as well as local law inforcement's recommendations.

What's law inforcemnet?

Regardless, the response seems that a good decision may be made by "them". Good job making them aware of the liability thing.

SFCRetired

What's law inforcemnet?

Regardless, the response seems that a good decision may be made by "them". Good job making them aware of the liability thing.

Dollar to a donut, it was one or more chiefs of police who made the recommendation for them to post.

What I have found is that a lot, not all, of police chiefs, being political appointees, will align themselves with the anti-self-defense forces, especially if they were appointed by someone who has an anti-self-defense agenda.