Thread: open carrying on motorcycle??? (will make you smile)

open carrying on motorcycle??? (will make you smile)

i hope this isn't against the rules, or upsets anybody, but i thought it might make you all smile, and i "think"
    the guy is open carrying. (watch his right hip at 0:44-0:46)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xdj67XknFrM#t=5

Didn't see the gun but wow that is cool. Dog on a bike hahaha.

That is awesome, in more ways than one. One for the OC and two on how the dog knows how to stay on the bike.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    Didn't see the gun but wow that is cool. Dog on a bike hahaha.
    44 seconds in right after they show him kickstarting the bike, the camera pans up, and you can see a fully enclosed leather gun holster on his hip, and then the camera pans back down.

McX
    gun school, dog, bike, guy, gun, that pretty much covers everything...........................'cept maybe a cheeseburger would have been nice.

That was a cool story. But he was not Open Carrying. NO part of the handgun was visible. That was like a CC holster.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    That was a cool story. But he was not Open Carrying. NO part of the handgun was visible. That was like a CC holster.
    i was wondering about that. couple things/question came to mind.

1) could it have been that the news crew asked him to "not wear the gun on tv", and so he picked that holster to still carry, but yet "hide it from un-knowing eyes"???

2) aren't there some states where you can only open carry in such a manner, or some other weird law requiring you to have it fully concealed??? (i mean i know there is one state (cali maybe. not sure) where you can open carry but are not allowed to have a magazine in the gun. or do i remember that correctly)

3) some other law, rule or reason that makes that as close to open carrying that he can.

4) any of use could plainly identify that (i'm pretty sure that's a gun holster), so to me (maybe not by legal definition) that is open carrying.

I recognize that Holster - Because I have one.

I recognize that holster. It is specific to one handgun in particular. The holster is German Military and was developed for the Walther P-38. There is a larger version of that holster that was made for the Luger and if the holster in the video was for a Luger - one would see the butt of the handgun.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up V-e-e-ry interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I recognize that holster. It is specific to one handgun in particular. The holster is German Military and was developed for the Walther P-38. There is a larger version of that holster that was made for the Luger and if the holster in the video was for a Luger - one would see the butt of the handgun.
    The P38 is a very interesting pistol. It was the first semiautomatic DA/SA with a locked breech, just like some "modern" hand guns. I have one, too....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Pistole-38 was my first pistol. I struggled with it for some months until my gun shop let me take a new-Luger for a test 'drive' and it was instant love. I traded my P-38 for a P-08, an Interarms American Eagle Luger in black satin. While I am a bit sorry it is a shooter for the loss of value, it is a wonderful shooter and still beautiful!

http://www.gun-photos.info/gunphotos...38135&aid=1013
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 12-09-2011 at 09:05 PM.

I have a Leather "Pancake" Holster for my CZ-52, It completely covers the gun, so would that be considered CC?

How old is this "video"? I saw that it was all older cars, late 70's, early 80's it seemed, and style of clothing/dress seemed '80s.

come to think of it, didn't some of the military surplus CZ pistols come with a similar holster??? i think when i had my CZ-82 and was looking for stuff online, i may have come across a holster like that for mine. but i could be wrong.

no idea on the age of the video. just saw it on a motorcycle forum, noticed the holster. thought i'd share here. with all the headache causing political stuff in this state, i thought a smile wouldn't hurt any of us. LOL also didn't actually notice any other vehicles or other stuff in the video. i just noticed the bike, dog and gun. great.......now i'm going to have to watch it again.