Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refund today from Peoples Foo CO-OP - Reason BANNED

Refund today from Peoples Foo CO-OP - Reason BANNED

I recieved a refund today from the La Crosse Peoples Food Co-op.

On the reciept the reason was stated as follows;

Banned because he carries a Firearm.

When I drove by over the weekend, I observed a very large crowd of Anti-Walker people taking up valuable space on the sidewalk.

This reciept has the makings of a letter to the editor entitled ""Banned" due to excerising 2nd ammendment rights."

JJC

I'm confused as to what happened? Did I miss another thread somewhere with the story?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    I'm confused as to what happened? Did I miss another thread somewhere with the story?
    I posted a conversation with the Co-op mananger a couple of weeks ago. Sent a letter to the board of directors.

They refunded my membership and listed the reason as outlined above.

I'm "Banned" because I carry a weapon, The manager fears for the safety of his employees.

JJC

I only hope when, and if you ...

...get it published in the medea the slant doesn't run it off the page.
    I can't help but wonder where the biggest gun rights group is lately. I keep getting crap in the mail. We are; once again, under assault from our government; this time, under the mask of AB-406. Once again I'll fight, as I have in the past.
    There is a Thread posted, I've sent my first email, and am making phone calls. Will keep you posted. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Wow... they actually admitted it in writing.
    They could have just refunded your money without the slap in the face.
    I'd say they want their discrimination to be made public.
    Be sure to mention in your letter that they just gave up their immunity from liability,
    while putting up signs that essentially say
    "Hey criminals - come here & rob us & attack customers in the parking lot!"
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

He fears for the safety of his employees but if you were there when a holdup occurred and prevented slaughter of witnesses he'd be calling on you to stop it, while probably wetting his pants.

OTOH, as we know a gun can jump out of the holster and just start firing by itself. (see other posts, LEO dropped gun). LOL.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

BTW, I didn't see anything in the materials available on their site that says they prohibit members from being lawfully-armed. Was there anything in the membership materials you were given, or updates that have been mailed from time to time?

http://www.peoplesfoodcoop.com/

The People's Food Co-op
    315 5th Avenue South
    La Crosse, WI

"Our cooperative is a friendly and inviting place... We respect the diversity, individual beliefs and choices of members, staff and potential members..."

"Membership is open to any person, eighteen and older, interested in purchasing the goods or utilizing the services offered by the cooperative."

"Our co-operative is an autonomous, self-help organization controlled by our members.
    Our co-operative is a democratic organization controlled by our members."

"The People’s Food Co-op is based on the values of self-responsibility, mutual self-help, democracy, equality, equity, and community. Our cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility, and caring for others.
    Adapted from the International Cooperative Alliance Statement on the Cooperative Identity"

"We are a voluntary organization, open to all persons able to use our services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, racial, political, or religious discrimination."

"4) Membership may be terminated in the following three ways:
    a) Voluntarily by written notice from the member to the People’s Food Co-op;
    b) Automatically when a member is delinquent in the payment of her/his/its share investment to the extent determined by the Board;
    c) By decision of the Board of Directors with the right of appeal to the general membership"

"Bylaw XI • AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
    1) Before a vote is taken to adopt, repeal, or amend any bylaw, members shall have an opportunity to respond to such a proposal at a regular membership meeting or a special meeting called for that purpose."

"DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Board acting by resolution may decide all matters lawfully within its authority."

I dont remember the original post, I paged back a while but still havent found it. LINK?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Original post:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...les-Food-CO-OP

To find posts or threads by a person,
    click on their user name,
    a box comes up.
    You can either click on 'view forum posts', or 'view profile'.
    Profile will let you 'find latest started threads'.

They sound like a bunch of commies to me. Makes sense being located in Lacrosse, with the University and all the ivory tower leftist intellectuals therein.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Funny...prior to CC being legal, the safety of his employees wasnt a concern...but NOW it is. The fear of inanimate objects.

Sounds like they didn't want you to run for the board of directors so you could advocate firing the manager for being against the Bill of Rights. Coop managers serve at the discretion of the board. Must have some anti's on that board.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Isn't a Co-op just a lighter version of communism??

Think about it's a collective, so I would expect the co-op to be heavily populated by communist leaning people to begin with.
    Maybe in the near future banning someone from exercising a constitutionally guaranteed right could be considered a protected class of people?

Because he carries a weapon, I have seen women use keys as a weapon, and I applauded them for their quick thinking, so do they ban people carrying car keys now too?

The local rag (paper) won't print my letter of complaint against the CO-OP. Paper said it's their policy not to print letters complaining about the policys of other businesses.

JJC

Perhaps if you made it more of an editorial? If they just let people complain the paper would be full of em.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 12-15-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    The local rag (paper) won't print my letter of complaint against the CO-OP. Paper said it's their policy not to print letters complaining about the policys of other businesses.

JJC
    Unless it's an ad of course. If you paid for the space they'd print anything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Perhaps if you made it more of an editorial? If they just let people complain the paper would be full of em.
    Good Idea, I'll start working on a generic complaint.

JJC

Herr Heckler Koch
    It may help to post it here, before posting it to a rag-editor, for editing. "[A]mmendment[sic]" does your appeal/argument to an editor no good.

I was trained as a writer of letters to editors by James J. Kilpatrick, once my neighbor, and author of "Covering the Courts" and "The Writer's Art." He was the last real newspaper editor. My local "public editor" banned my letters from publication for cursing her "Elsa, 'the Boring Cow' McDowell" in public (a la Elsie, the Borden Cow, a local landmark).

Good for you not giving up. The more letters concerning pro 2A our papers see the harder it will be for them to ignore. I will do the same and see if the La Crosse Tribune wants to ignore all pro-gunners.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    It may help to post it here, before posting it to a rag-editor, for editing. "[A]mmendment[sic]" does your appeal/argument to an editor no good.

I was trained as a writer of letters to editors by James J. Kilpatrick, once my neighbor, and author of "Covering the Courts" and "The Writer's Art." He was the last real newspaper editor. My local "public editor" banned my letters from publication for cursing her "Elsa, 'the Boring Cow' McDowell" in public (a la Elsie, the Borden Cow, a local landmark).
    Good Idea, here's what I sent to the La Crosse Rag:

From the Peoples Food COOP Documentation:
    Quote:
    "We are a voluntary organization, open to all persons able to use our services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, racial, political, or religious discrimination."
    Unquote:

Words in the charter without meaning.

Yet today I recieved a refund in the mail terminating my membership due to: (a direct quote on the termination notice)
    "Banned from the store because he carries a firearm". (Per the Manager)
    1) I was carrying a firearm when I took out a life membership.
    2) The manager stated that he would take a bullet to protect me. (What an insult).
    3) They posted signs declaring the store a weapon free zone for all criminal types to target, knowing that the store will be full of unarmed victims.
    4) By posting a NO WEAPON sign,the store just gave up their immunity from liability,
    while putting up signs that essentially say
    "Hey criminals - come here & rob us & attack customers in the parking lot!"
    5) Not posting, the store would have recieved immunity from being sued for any violence that would happen in the store or PARKING LOT.
    6) When asked what steps the CO-OP is taking to protect their customers, the manager responded NONE.

Funny...prior to CCW being legal, the safety of his employees wasnt a concern...but NOW it is. The fear of inanimate objects.

There must be a good number of people at the CO-OP that are against the Bill of Rights.

I feel very very sad for them.

JJC

Herr Heckler Koch
    " " are direct-quotes. That they are used erroneously as scare-quotes is vulgar.

The first pair mean that the quote begins, and the second pair means that the quote ends. A single quote (') might be properly used to indicate a special sense of a word or a minor title, as of an essay or chapter.

If you are going to quote someone, the manager, then - the manager responded, "NONE."

An ellipsis, " ... " indicates minor redacted material and should not be used in place of a comma. So, Funny, prior to CCW being legal, the safety of his employees wasn't a concern, but NOW it is.

I've been thinking about renting space on the fancy new LED billboard on highway 16 in LaCrosse
    that everybody loves to hate. Something to the effect of "NO guns = No Money" type of thing.
    Maybe it should be a scrolling list of posted "criminal protection zone" businesses?
    Suggestions?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    I've been thinking about renting space on the fancy new LED billboard on highway 16 in LaCrosse
    that everybody loves to hate. Something to the effect of "NO guns = No Money" type of thing.
    Maybe it should be a scrolling list of posted "criminal protection zone" businesses?
    Suggestions?
    Billboards on major roads are expensive, often in the thousands of dollars per month. Effective if one can afford it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Yeah, so expensive that its rate is not advertised. It should tell us something, when an advertising rate is not advertised, like it's not for peons.

Well the trib. printed my opinion. It will be interesting to read how the antis react to this.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/opin...9bb2963f4.html
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast