Thread: FRI 09DEC WTMJ poll

FRI 09DEC WTMJ poll

email to soundoff@todaystmj4.com

Their question today is:
    Should the officer whose gun "went off" at Southridge Mall be charged?

Article here: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/135266263.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I went to the link and didn't see a poll, just comments. IMO, he should be charged in addition to negligent handling (which he was charged for) because he wounded a civilian/person. It would be negligent and wounding. The person hit should receive a settlement (what if the wound became infected, etc.).
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

No poll that I could see either.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

He was already charged...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...135265738.html

So the question is moot... They are probably just looking (phishing) for opinions....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 12-09-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Centurion

He should get a "slap on the wrist" punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I went to the link and didn't see a poll, just comments. IMO, he should be charged in addition to negligent handling (which he was charged for) because he wounded a civilian/person. It would be negligent and wounding. The person hit should receive a settlement (what if the wound became infected, etc.).
    No one was seriously hurt, only a welt. He should pay for the medical expenses and maybe a $100 fine. It should be a precident for how people in these situations are handled. It can happen to anyone. We want to make it rare, but bad things do happen.

If some weird circumstances occer so that it happens to one of us, there should not be any criminal charges or jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    No one was seriously hurt, only a welt. He should pay for the medical expenses and maybe a $100 fine. It should be a precident for how people in these situations are handled. It can happen to anyone. We want to make it rare, but bad things do happen.

If some weird circumstances occer so that it happens to one of us, there should not be any criminal charges or jail time.

+1
    WCI...........Member

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post

Are you serious? They already treat "us" different, that's why MKEGal is fighting a legal battle right now.

If this had been you or I, we would have been arrested and jailed. We would have had to spend the night in jail, the judge would have let us out on bond, but with an order to have NO FIREARMS. LEO would be dispatched to our home and ALL the rest of our firearms would seized by court order.

Then, after the trial, fine. whatever, you or I would have to go to Milwaukee County gun court to ~~try~~ and get our firearms back, BTW months later.

As this was a LEO, and he "should" know better, after all they get so much more training, he should be held to an even higher standard.

So at a minimum, he should spend one night in the county lock up, have all his firearms seized, ordered no to possess any for as long as MKEGal is defenseless, then pay a fine, have to go to "gun court" and the wounded party should get punitive damages (not paid for by the county or the union).

Until the law applies equally to all, there is no justice...

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    Are you serious? They already treat "us" different, that's why MKEGal is fighting a legal battle right now.

If this had been you or I, we would have been arrested and jailed. We would have had to spend the night in jail, the judge would have let us out on bond, but with an order to have NO FIREARMS. LEO would be dispatched to our home and ALL the rest of our firearms would seized by court order.

Then, after the trial, fine. whatever, you or I would have to go to Milwaukee County gun court to ~~try~~ and get our firearms back, BTW months later.

As this was a LEO, and he "should" know better, after all they get so much more training, he should be held to an even higher standard.

So at a minimum, he should spend one night in the county lock up, have all his firearms seized, ordered no to possess any for as long as MKEGal is defenseless, then pay a fine, have to go to "gun court" and the wounded party should get punitive damages (not paid for by the county or the union).

Until the law applies equally to all, there is no justice...
    +10000

Agreed, if one of us we'd be inside the jail looking out. Probably after some LEO belittled us for carrying a weapon.

This highly trained LEO should have known better than to just carry by shoving the weapon in his belt. Unless he was acting the part of a gang banger.... scarcasim.

I think I'm going for a canoe ride tomorrow. I hope I don't have an accident ,losing all my toys I carry with me always.

JJC
    Last edited by JJC; 12-11-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    .... Now with tens of thousands of Wisconsin citizens getting a carry permit, X amount of accidental discharges will happen. ....
    "With so many carrying there's bound to be an issue," sounds just like WAVE! There is no such thing as an accidental discharge, no such thing. A properly functioning firearm cannot go off by itself.

This was negligence, and just like you or I would be gone after "for the max," so too should this LEO.