• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FRI 09DEC WTMJ poll

Badger Johnson

I went to the link and didn't see a poll, just comments. IMO, he should be charged in addition to negligent handling (which he was charged for) because he wounded a civilian/person. It would be negligent and wounding. The person hit should receive a settlement (what if the wound became infected, etc.).

ccwinstructor

Centurion
He should get a "slap on the wrist" punishment.

I went to the link and didn't see a poll, just comments. IMO, he should be charged in addition to negligent handling (which he was charged for) because he wounded a civilian/person. It would be negligent and wounding. The person hit should receive a settlement (what if the wound became infected, etc.).

No one was seriously hurt, only a welt. He should pay for the medical expenses and maybe a $100 fine. It should be a precident for how people in these situations are handled. It can happen to anyone. We want to make it rare, but bad things do happen.

If some weird circumstances occer so that it happens to one of us, there should not be any criminal charges or jail time.

msusnVet

No one was seriously hurt, only a welt. He should pay for the medical expenses and maybe a $100 fine. It should be a precident for how people in these situations are handled. It can happen to anyone. We want to make it rare, but bad things do happen.

If some weird circumstances occer so that it happens to one of us, there should not be any criminal charges or jail time.

You are absolutely right with your comments. The Milwaukee County DA is very anti gun. Now with tens of thousands of Wisconsin citizens getting a carry permit, X amount of accidental discharges will happen. The precedent being set with this case will have DAs going for the max.

Added, if the DAs do not go for the max in these cases, I would imagine the law enforcement unions will yell foul and probably rightly so.

Last edited:

polekat

+1

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member

Are you serious? They already treat "us" different, that's why MKEGal is fighting a legal battle right now.

If this had been you or I, we would have been arrested and jailed. We would have had to spend the night in jail, the judge would have let us out on bond, but with an order to have NO FIREARMS. LEO would be dispatched to our home and ALL the rest of our firearms would seized by court order.

Then, after the trial, fine. whatever, you or I would have to go to Milwaukee County gun court to ~~try~~ and get our firearms back, BTW months later.

As this was a LEO, and he "should" know better, after all they get so much more training, he should be held to an even higher standard.

So at a minimum, he should spend one night in the county lock up, have all his firearms seized, ordered no to possess any for as long as MKEGal is defenseless, then pay a fine, have to go to "gun court" and the wounded party should get punitive damages (not paid for by the county or the union).

Until the law applies equally to all, there is no justice...

JJC

Are you serious? They already treat "us" different, that's why MKEGal is fighting a legal battle right now.

If this had been you or I, we would have been arrested and jailed. We would have had to spend the night in jail, the judge would have let us out on bond, but with an order to have NO FIREARMS. LEO would be dispatched to our home and ALL the rest of our firearms would seized by court order.

Then, after the trial, fine. whatever, you or I would have to go to Milwaukee County gun court to ~~try~~ and get our firearms back, BTW months later.

As this was a LEO, and he "should" know better, after all they get so much more training, he should be held to an even higher standard.

So at a minimum, he should spend one night in the county lock up, have all his firearms seized, ordered no to possess any for as long as MKEGal is defenseless, then pay a fine, have to go to "gun court" and the wounded party should get punitive damages (not paid for by the county or the union).

Until the law applies equally to all, there is no justice...

+10000

Agreed, if one of us we'd be inside the jail looking out. Probably after some LEO belittled us for carrying a weapon.

This highly trained LEO should have known better than to just carry by shoving the weapon in his belt. Unless he was acting the part of a gang banger.... scarcasim.

I think I'm going for a canoe ride tomorrow. I hope I don't have an accident ,losing all my toys I carry with me always.

JJC

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
.... Now with tens of thousands of Wisconsin citizens getting a carry permit, X amount of accidental discharges will happen. ....

"With so many carrying there's bound to be an issue," sounds just like WAVE! There is no such thing as an accidental discharge, no such thing. A properly functioning firearm cannot go off by itself.

This was negligence, and just like you or I would be gone after "for the max," so too should this LEO.