• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Wanggaard, Committee Chair on AB-237

HandyHamlet

...,it's not the first time my command of the computer has served me crow.

smiley_shrug.gif

The day we stop learning is the day we die.

And for the record... I once thought I was wrong, but I was only mistaken.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
...,it's not the first time my command of the computer has served me crow.

You men were right, when I maneuvered the site as directed, there it was. What I was doing was entering the bill number on the left side, and was getting run in circles.

Although we could forget the, I told you so; I'll take it like a man, let em rip men.

I'm sorry for my blatant display of ignorance toward you, but can not apologize for my pursuit of clarity.

If one never suffers the pain of defeat, they will not know the joy of victory. boar out.
That's the nice thing about friends... you can make a mistake and they like you anyway.... :)

wild boar

Now this is a definitive answer, and...

...that's I wanted to see. I know I'm a dogging bastard when I think I have to be, and this Bill was reason enough for me to take a few knocks on the chin. We would have lost too much if this was made law.

With the Recall moving forward I felt the Senator needed to reinforce his claim with a definite NO on 237, and now, he has. Let those who desire to be represented with Constitutional conscience be sure to stand up for the Senator like he has for us. If a recall on the Senator does occur, get out and vote!!! boar out.

xxxxxx,

I sure hope that your holidays were good for you and you were able to spend time with family.

I again spoke to Senator Wanggaard about your concerns with AB 237. The bill will be on the commitee calendar until the end of the session, which is in March. Just because you still see it listed does not mean it will be acted upon. This happens all the time. Senator Wanggaard informed me that the bill is not going anywhere.

In the future when a piece of legislation peaks your interest you can go to Senator Wanggaard's state web site and click on alerts on the top of the page. By doing this you will receive an alert anytime that piece of legislation has any action on it.

We hope that this elevates any concerns you may still have about AB 237. Should you still have concerns over this, or any other concerns, please contact me, or any of our staff.

Sincerely,

Douglas Koykkari
District Director/Legislative Assistant
608-266-1832

Van H. Wanggaard
Wisconsin State Senator
Serving the 21st Senate District

rcav8r

"We hope that this elevates any concerns you may still have about AB 237"

Is that a cut and paste or did you type it in? "elevates" your concern??? :D

Otherwise, it sounds good that this thing is dead.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

In my correspondence with legislators/aides, they are clearly victims of modern <scare-quotes>education</scare-quotes> and their computers' spiel-checker.

wild boar

I feel better about this too...

"We hope that this elevates any concerns you may still have about AB 237"

Is that a cut and paste or did you type it in? "elevates" your concern??? :D

Otherwise, it sounds good that this thing is dead.

...All I wanted was; like I said, a definitive NO in writing. Now I can post this, and if it doesn't hold water, it's not my bust. Elevates, an interesting choice of words, It came that way, I added nothing. I'm happy for now, so this old, dogging bastard can retreat to watch mode for awhile.

Lets not forget to get out and vote to keep the Senator in office. Senator Wanggaard has proved to be a strong advocate to the needs of the state and we can't allow the antis to slow the momentum. They can't run out of state to hide now. I see this recall as an "on the ropes", last stand effort. Now that we have them there, we must do all we can to keep them there. If that means doggen, lets get doggen. boar out.