• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

QT

kylemoul

i got a free soda this morning. the guy behind the counter thought i was a LEO.

weird cause i always came in 3 times a week. now not as much...but still

i saved $.69

Badger Johnson

Cute. It gave me an idea. When people come up and say "Are you a LEO" just say 'Depends, did you want to buy me a free drink?'.

kylemoul

yea i was surprised because i have seen the same people behind the counter before; the same people who have witnessed me open carrying and having people ask me about it, and seen people huffing and puffing like "can you believe this guy" and ignoring them (along with me). but hey, cant pass up a free soda.

i like to think it is because i come in there a lot. but the manager never has a problem with it. i have heard a few customers start to talk about it to him as i left and have been welcomed so far. ever the county (st charles) LEO have been polite. they get my business and i am moving to st charles in a few weeks. i would advise you to visit the new QT right off 70 and first capitol to say thanks to them when others (ZX) down the road restrict our carry.

Firedawg314

That's great. Sad at the same time... but great. Sad because they think you are a LEO. Nothing wrong being a LEO... just that's their first thought and if it makes them happy... then so be it... but at the same time, I hope you let them know you are not one, if they ask. I would hate to hear someone be arrested for "impersonating" a LEO. You know how the media can make a story out of it.

Hey, even though I go in my uniform as a fire fighter 90% of the time, they NEVER give me a free drink... go figure?