Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: FINALLY! A news story about L.A. cops shooting someone justifiably

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    FINALLY! A news story about L.A. cops shooting someone justifiably

    I know, it's difficult to believe... Here's the story.

    Comments?

    Mine is that I'd have dropped the guy, too.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Billy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    56
    he was out of bullets, cops were cowards in that instance. They have many tools at hhand, tazers, OC spray, 10 on one/overpower. the street is not a courtroom for sentancing to death.
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    he was out of bullets, cops were cowards in that instance. They have many tools at hhand, tazers, OC spray, 10 on one/overpower. the street is not a courtroom for sentancing to death.
    So they have less of a right to defend themselves than us? Meet deadly force with deadly force. The guy had already shown that he was willing to hurt people, if they felt that their lives were at risk then they were justified. Not every police shooting is a bad one...
    Last edited by thebigsd; 12-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  4. #4
    Regular Member Billy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    So they have less of a right to defend themselves than us? Meet deadly force with deadly force. The guy had already shown that he was willing to hurt people, if they felt that their lives were at risk then they were justified. Not every police shooting is a bad one...
    Its a good topic, but I dont think a guy with a knife is any match for (Im assuming) several police with the aformentioned tools at hand, therefore I dont belive the police lives were in danger. If it were you or I, that would be different; I dont carry a tazer or OC, and have 9 pals to back me up.
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    Its a good topic, but I dont think a guy with a knife is any match for (Im assuming) several police with the aformentioned tools at hand, therefore I dont belive the police lives were in danger. If it were you or I, that would be different; I dont carry a tazer or OC, and have 9 pals to back me up.
    So, new information in this article. It was only two cops. One was off-duty and likely only had his pistol. The other was a detective and likely only had his pistol and handcuffs if he was travelling light. Does this change your opinion?

    http://usat.ly/tn65St
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  6. #6
    Regular Member Billy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    So, new information in this article. It was only two cops. One was off-duty and likely only had his pistol. The other was a detective and likely only had his pistol and handcuffs if he was travelling light. Does this change your opinion?

    http://usat.ly/tn65St
    in that case ya, perhaps the crackhead charhed the cops with the knife, if thats the case then open fire!
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

  7. #7
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    he was out of bullets, cops were cowards in that instance.
    Ridiculous.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  8. #8
    Regular Member Wolfgang1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton,La ,
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    Its a good topic, but I dont think a guy with a knife is any match for (Im assuming) several police with the aformentioned tools at hand, therefore I dont belive the police lives were in danger. If it were you or I, that would be different; I dont carry a tazer or OC, and have 9 pals to back me up.
    I guess you like to pay for thies pieces of trash in jail. There will be one less we tax payers will have to support.
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

    .308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.


    Wolf

  9. #9
    Regular Member Billy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang1952 View Post
    I guess you like to pay for thies pieces of trash in jail. There will be one less we tax payers will have to support.
    Not at all,,, im all for dead crackheads, but im just saying it could have been handled differently by the cops.
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Ridiculous.
    I can't believe we actually agree! There's too many variables to account for and hindsight is 20/20, most people have difficulty seeing from a different perspective. It was a santos situation, on this case I'm ok with leaving it to the officers to decide how best to end the threat. Just as I would for anyone else.


    Posted using my HTC Evo
    Last edited by Jack House; 12-10-2011 at 03:59 AM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I can't believe we actually agree!

    Feels great!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  12. #12
    Regular Member the last gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beaver Falls PA
    Posts
    59
    in a report I read about this story the was yelling allah akbar according to witnesses
    This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Billy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    56
    With the facts presented by the OP, and the picture accompanying the story showing many police and police cars. i stand by my original statement of a cowardly shooting. If I were with several pals and we were all armed with tazers and OC spray, I wouldnt even consider shooting the guy. Especially being a cop, cause your just setting yourself up for (more) public scrutiny.
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    With the facts presented by the OP, and the picture accompanying the story showing many police and police cars. i stand by my original statement of a cowardly shooting. If I were with several pals and we were all armed with tazers and OC spray, I wouldnt even consider shooting the guy. Especially being a cop, cause your just setting yourself up for (more) public scrutiny.
    You mean the photo taken a while after the killer was shot?

  15. #15
    Regular Member rushcreek2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs. CO
    Posts
    924
    The only thought that was stirred up in my mind when I first heard the report of this incident was that the presence of a "legally" armed everyday citizen in Hollywood to stop this nut was next to nil.

    Watching the video of this punk firing at the passing motorist just moments before his demise - it occurred to me that said motorist would have been justified in running over the DB thus preempting the need for this back & forth as to whether the COP's were justified in punching the guy's ticket.

    Job well done - LAPD ! No trial warranted on this one. Nut case would have been back on the streets shooting people again within 5 years if disposition was left to Kalifornia CJS.

    Did anyone in Sacramento reflect upon this incident while thinking - "Gee..... maybe we should pass a shall-issue CCW law permitting Californian's to actually be able to defend themselves from such threats.(and maybe reciprocate with other state's CCW's)"
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 12-10-2011 at 04:34 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Billy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    You mean the photo taken a while after the killer was shot?
    No smartazz the picture that the reporter took of the actual shooting
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •