• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FINALLY! A news story about L.A. cops shooting someone justifiably

Billy D

he was out of bullets, cops were cowards in that instance. They have many tools at hhand, tazers, OC spray, 10 on one/overpower. the street is not a courtroom for sentancing to death.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
he was out of bullets, cops were cowards in that instance. They have many tools at hhand, tazers, OC spray, 10 on one/overpower. the street is not a courtroom for sentancing to death.

So they have less of a right to defend themselves than us? Meet deadly force with deadly force. The guy had already shown that he was willing to hurt people, if they felt that their lives were at risk then they were justified. Not every police shooting is a bad one...

Last edited:

Billy D

So they have less of a right to defend themselves than us? Meet deadly force with deadly force. The guy had already shown that he was willing to hurt people, if they felt that their lives were at risk then they were justified. Not every police shooting is a bad one...

Its a good topic, but I dont think a guy with a knife is any match for (Im assuming) several police with the aformentioned tools at hand, therefore I dont belive the police lives were in danger. If it were you or I, that would be different; I dont carry a tazer or OC, and have 9 pals to back me up.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Its a good topic, but I dont think a guy with a knife is any match for (Im assuming) several police with the aformentioned tools at hand, therefore I dont belive the police lives were in danger. If it were you or I, that would be different; I dont carry a tazer or OC, and have 9 pals to back me up.

So, new information in this article. It was only two cops. One was off-duty and likely only had his pistol. The other was a detective and likely only had his pistol and handcuffs if he was travelling light. Does this change your opinion?

http://usat.ly/tn65St

Billy D

So, new information in this article. It was only two cops. One was off-duty and likely only had his pistol. The other was a detective and likely only had his pistol and handcuffs if he was travelling light. Does this change your opinion?

http://usat.ly/tn65St

in that case ya, perhaps the crackhead charhed the cops with the knife, if thats the case then open fire!

Wolfgang1952

I guess you like to pay for thies pieces of trash in jail. There will be one less we tax payers will have to support.

Billy D

I guess you like to pay for thies pieces of trash in jail. There will be one less we tax payers will have to support.

Not at all,,, im all for dead crackheads, but im just saying it could have been handled differently by the cops.

Jack House

Ridiculous.
I can't believe we actually agree! There's too many variables to account for and hindsight is 20/20, most people have difficulty seeing from a different perspective. It was a santos situation, on this case I'm ok with leaving it to the officers to decide how best to end the threat. Just as I would for anyone else.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Last edited:

Billy D

With the facts presented by the OP, and the picture accompanying the story showing many police and police cars. i stand by my original statement of a cowardly shooting. If I were with several pals and we were all armed with tazers and OC spray, I wouldnt even consider shooting the guy. Especially being a cop, cause your just setting yourself up for (more) public scrutiny.

Jack House

With the facts presented by the OP, and the picture accompanying the story showing many police and police cars. i stand by my original statement of a cowardly shooting. If I were with several pals and we were all armed with tazers and OC spray, I wouldnt even consider shooting the guy. Especially being a cop, cause your just setting yourself up for (more) public scrutiny.
You mean the photo taken a while after the killer was shot? :rolleyes:

rushcreek2

The only thought that was stirred up in my mind when I first heard the report of this incident was that the presence of a "legally" armed everyday citizen in Hollywood to stop this nut was next to nil.

Watching the video of this punk firing at the passing motorist just moments before his demise - it occurred to me that said motorist would have been justified in running over the DB thus preempting the need for this back & forth as to whether the COP's were justified in punching the guy's ticket.

Job well done - LAPD ! No trial warranted on this one. Nut case would have been back on the streets shooting people again within 5 years if disposition was left to Kalifornia CJS.

Did anyone in Sacramento reflect upon this incident while thinking - "Gee..... maybe we should pass a shall-issue CCW law permitting Californian's to actually be able to defend themselves from such threats.(and maybe reciprocate with other state's CCW's)"

Last edited: