• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arby's posted - tried search, search sucks azz

bigdaddy1

Stopped by Arby's on S. 27th St. (Milwaukee) last night and they have the no weapons sign at the door. Asked the manager (not sure if he's the store manager or just a shift manager, his tag said manager) if it was a corporate decision and he said it was "upper management" with a bit of an eye roll. So I am not too sure who he refered to. He did say he thought it was stupid, and realizes that criminals wont be disuaded by a little sign. I said Iand maybe a few others could send a message informing them to the error of their ways, and he said that would be cool. He didnt give me any contact information (there was another black shirt'd guy near by. Their managers must wear black shirts) so he got busy. I am going to see if I can find some contact information and send them a message. Anyone else?

jpm84092

I have stopped for lunch or dinner at Arbys in UT, WY, NE, and IA and never once encountered a "no weapons" sign. The folks on the forum may wish to check out other Arbys to see if this is statewide or confined to one or more stores.

protias

4841 South 27th Street, Greenfield, WI (414) 282-2364 I'm guessing a rogue manager who doesn't know corporate policy.

Last edited:

protias

Is there a posting showing Corp. policy? I will be happy to intoduce it to that manager.
I asked went to Arby's website and asked. I've never seen them posted here or in other states, so that's what leads me to believe it is someone acting above their pay grade.

bigdaddy1

I sent an email to Arby's corporate, we will see what they respond with. I know that this particular location was owned by former baseball player Hank Arron, but looks like its on the corporate list on the website now.

MKEgal

Corporate online 'submit question' type page:
http://www.myarbys.com/ge/Guest1/welcome.aspx

The restaurant # for the address given here is 5561.
Easier than going through their finder w/ the state, city, & address.

I checked boxes for "courtesy / friendliness" under service & "misc." under other.

A friend of mine was intending to spend money at the Arby's on S 27th St. in Greenfield, WI last night (Friday), but someone at that store has posted a "no (legal) weapons" sign on the door. My friend says he asked a manager (not sure if he's the store manager or just a shift manager, his tag said manager) if it was a corporate decision and he said it was "upper management".

That manager admitted he knew that a sign won't stop a criminal. The people it _will_ stop are people like my friend & I, since we are law-abiding citizens who are lawfully armed for our own protection. We will honor the wishes of whoever posted that sign & take our money elsewhere. We will also tell friends of your decision, so they don't think they're welcome. www.friendorfoe.us

But perhaps whoever is turning away good customers doesn't understand Wisconsin law... if there is NO sign, the store is IMMUNE from liability if something bad happens. If there is a sign, you've given up your immunity. See WI statute 175.60 (21) (b) here http://legis.wisconsin.gov/RSB/STATS.HTML

We hope to hear that this error has been corrected, & Arby's welcomes good citizens to spend money here.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I ate at an un-posted Arbys in Waukasha (I think, all the big city runs together for me) on the way back from Highland Park FIB-Annoy yesterday afternoon.

Better hope it's not corporate policy because their roast beef is one thing I may violate my pro gun principles for. LOL.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

bigdaddy1

I have not received a response from Arby''s corporate offices yet, but it certainly sounds like a manager that made a serious liability mistake on the corporations behalf.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I have not received a response from Arby''s corporate offices yet, but it certainly sounds like a manager that made a serious liability mistake on the corporations behalf.
I doubt he could risk anything of the corporation. I would expect the owner/franchisee contract to be very clear in stopping risk at the front door.

SovereignAxe

I ate at an un-posted Arbys in Waukasha (I think, all the big city runs together for me) on the way back from Highland Park FIB-Annoy yesterday afternoon.

Better hope it's not corporate policy because their roast beef is one thing I may violate my pro gun principles for. LOL.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

seriously! Nothing compares to Arby's. They'll be like Chik-Fil-A to me; I despise their social politics, but that chicken is just too good to pass up. I guess I lack integrity.

MKEgal

Herr Heckler Koch said:
I doubt he could risk anything of the corporation. I would expect the owner/franchisee contract to be very clear in stopping risk at the front door.
That's what they intended the sign to do, I'm sure.
But the law doesn't work that way, & criminals don't work that way.

bigdaddy1 said:
The location in question is on their corporate store list, so I assume its a corporate store rather than a private franchise owner store.
So probably someone is going to get chewed out (if they can figure out who did it), and the sign will come down & people won't have to feel guilty buying from them.
Someone should start wading through the complaint emails come Monday.
Let's hope it's someone at corporate, & they don't get automatically forwarded to the store manager... who might be the one putting Arby's at risk.

protias

Got this today:

Dear protias,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are reviewing the information you have provided regarding the "no firearms sign" , and we're taking your advice under advisement. We certainly do not want to lose you as an Arby's Customer and we will be seriously reviewing this policy. If you have any further questions , comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

thank you,

Eric Peterson
Regional Manager
Carisch Inc.
Phone: 414-526-2091
Fax: 952-697-1919
Email: eric@carischinc.com