Thread: Legislation Tracking -- How to stay informed

Legislation Tracking -- How to stay informed

I have created a new mailing list that will allows those who sign up (it's opt-in) to receive notifications about new Legislation Michigan Open Carry, Inc. is tacking as we pick up on it.

If you are interested in participating in grass roots legislative action with Michigan Open Carry, Inc., I encourage you to visit this page to sign up. You will be able to opt-out at any time.

Each email sent to the list will also contain a list of the legislation we are tracking and a link to subscribe to each list. This list is the gateway to all the other lists and keeping on top of the Legislation we are working with the Michigan Legislature on.

Last edited by TheQ; 03-07-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned

Thumbs up

Thanks.

Nudge
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Great tool....I signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    Great tool....I signed up.
    Thanks for signing up. We'll do our best to keep you informed once we organize our legislative action team (which will be soon).

mE TOO

I want to be in the Know!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

I get email updates from MIVOTES on all legislative votes.Just recently recieved an update that the MI senate passed the bill changing the definition of pistol to 26 inches,from 30,because guns with folding stocks caused rifles and shotguns to technicaly be pistols(MI pistols)!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Lightbulb

We need a set up like GOA has,where you provide your info to a pre written letter to your Reps,and it's automaticaly forwarded to them!Instant email notification,instant emails to Reps! Lets do it!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 12-17-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    I get email updates from MIVOTES on all legislative votes.Just recently recieved an update that the MI senate passed the bill changing the definition of pistol to 26 inches,from 30,because guns with folding stocks caused rifles and shotguns to technicaly be pistols(MI pistols)!
    Is this true? Did my mossburg 500 pistol just change back into a long gun?

Banned
    New thread appropriate. I've been wondering about this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    Is this true? Did my mossburg 500 pistol just change back into a long gun?
    According to the Senate yes,and I believe the house passed it too,I'll have to check.

Banned
    If it checks out, please start a thread and post the citations necessary to confirm this.

Would peoples 30" registered guns still be covered under ones CPL?

bump

bump

Shameless bump for new eyes to get more people involved.

Bump

Bumped 4 new eyes.

Banned
    updated mine today as requested.

Bump -- stay informed!

New call to action!

A new email campaign just went out. Please read it and contact your Sheriff -- tomorrow!

I tried to sign up and it is saying my email address is invalid? What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    I tried to sign up and it is saying my email address is invalid? What do I do?
    PM me your email address

All signed up now no idea what all that was about thanks though.