• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legislation Tracking -- How to stay informed

TheQ

I have created a new mailing list that will allows those who sign up (it's opt-in) to receive notifications about new Legislation Michigan Open Carry, Inc. is tacking as we pick up on it.

If you are interested in participating in grass roots legislative action with Michigan Open Carry, Inc., I encourage you to visit this page to sign up. You will be able to opt-out at any time.

Each email sent to the list will also contain a list of the legislation we are tracking and a link to subscribe to each list. This list is the gateway to all the other lists and keeping on top of the Legislation we are working with the Michigan Legislature on.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

I get email updates from MIVOTES on all legislative votes.Just recently recieved an update that the MI senate passed the bill changing the definition of pistol to 26 inches,from 30,because guns with folding stocks caused rifles and shotguns to technicaly be pistols(MI pistols)!

Haman J.T.

We need a set up like GOA has,where you provide your info to a pre written letter to your Reps,and it's automaticaly forwarded to them!Instant email notification,instant emails to Reps! Lets do it!

Last edited:

WilDChilD

I get email updates from MIVOTES on all legislative votes.Just recently recieved an update that the MI senate passed the bill changing the definition of pistol to 26 inches,from 30,because guns with folding stocks caused rifles and shotguns to technicaly be pistols(MI pistols)!

Is this true? Did my mossburg 500 pistol just change back into a long gun?