• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emily gets her gun (Washington Times)

CDT COX

To my pleasant surprise, he agreed with me. “The Glock looks like a brick,” he said, laughing. “And life’s too short to carry an ugly gun.” Since all the guns do the same thing, I might as well like the looks of if since it’s an expensive item.

:DLove it

Dreamer

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

That was a great read. She seems to have good taste in guns. I'll be looking forward to the poll, and if it comes down to the guns she's mentioned, I think I'll vote for the P229.

Dreamer

That was a great read. She seems to have good taste in guns. I'll be looking forward to the poll, and if it comes down to the guns she's mentioned, I think I'll vote for the P229.

You've obviously never consulted with a woman purchasing a gun.

The correct answer to such a poll is "whichever gun SHE likes best"...

Dreamer

I would love to see a checklist of every state and dc to see what steps you have to go through to buy and own a gun. Virginia a business card, DC an encyclopedia size book.

You left out the part where the VA business-card-sized instructions were COMPLETELY accurate and correct.

And the DC encyclopedia-sized instructions were months out of date, constantly being changed by lawyers and bureaucrats, internally contradictory and inconsistent, constructed so as to be in DIRECT contempt of court with regards to the SCOTUS rulings, and fundamentally in violation of the US Constitution...

kemo

Wow that's amazing what you have to go through to get a gun. That shows you what politicians will do to infringe on your rights. I would just move so I wouldn't have to deal with that. Hope she gets her gun.

SovereignAxe

You've obviously never consulted with a woman purchasing a gun.

The correct answer to such a poll is "whichever gun SHE likes best"...

well, obviously. But I wouldn't think she'd make a poll if she had her mind made up between 4 or 5 of her favorite

But you say that like us men aren't the same way. Once we've made up our mind, we've made up our mind and we HAVE to have the gun.

Jack House

well, obviously. But I wouldn't think she'd make a poll if she had her mind made up between 4 or 5 of her favorite

But you say that like us men aren't the same way. Once we've made up our mind, we've made up our mind and we HAVE to have the gun.
So true.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Badger Johnson

What disturbs me is that there are the elderly, females, the physically disadvantaged and other groups which really NEED and should have a handgun for self-defense.

I don't know why they are so short-sighted with these laws. It's like they have tunnel vision and only CAN imagine some primitive knuckle-draggers who are blood thirsty and MUST be prevented from lawfully possessing and carrying firearms.

They over look that their own grandmothers and daughters and wives and aged parents can't defend themselves. I think they're all chickens and cowards who make these laws.

Last edited:

Jack House

I don't know why they are so short-sighted with these laws. It's like they have tunnel vision and only CAN imagine some primitive knuckle-draggers who are blood thirsty and MUST be prevented from lawfully possessing and carrying firearms.
A lot of people have been brainwashed into believing that guns are all evil and that everyone whom wants one is an uncivilized knuckle dagger, sometimes even a redneck. Oh the horrors! Even more people have been taught (to an extreme) that all life is sacred, or more specifically that human life is sacred. They are taught that it is never justified to take the life if another, no matter the circumstance. This belief varies in intensity and to whom it it's applied. But the most common is that it's wrong for a person to use legal force in self defense. There's more, but now I'm busy. TnA

Posted using my HTC Evo

hermannr

These people don't care what is good for the public in general, only what they perceve is good for them personally. I was readin in the MD forun how one Mr. Conaway, one of the authors of MD and Baltimore's crazy gun laws, was caught with a pistol and an expired license...Do you really think they will do anything about it>>>not in murderland

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would not be surprised if these folks carried a firearm for protection. Remember, liberals are all about 'what is good for me, is not good for thee'.

Those that are more equal, have paid hirelings who carry the guns on their behalf = bodyguards.

Redbaron007

I like her article/blog.

Gives perspective to those of us who have not experienced the black hole of stupidity that city has!

Looking forward to her selection of pistol.

okboomer

I think it is absolutely HILARIOUS that the city council had a meeting about the regulations :monkey

Nothing like the bright light of the printed word to show how they were intentionally placing hurdles in the way of LAC acquiring a handgun.

Dreamer

I think it is absolutely HILARIOUS that the city council had a meeting about the regulations :monkey

Nothing like the bright light of the printed word to show how they were intentionally placing hurdles in the way of LAC acquiring a handgun.

Any opportunity we have to use the First Amendment to support the Second Amendment, we should take it.

The "First Two" are the most important--ALL other Rights and Liberties hinge on those two being intact. And the level of tyranny in a society is DIRECTLY proportional to the restrictions placed on speech, the press, and firearms ownership.

Ms. Miller is indeed a patriot and a hero.

Last edited: