• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The preacher carrys

jonjon_jon

Yes you read that right. My other half came home after work and I'm watching some show on cable where they're building a custom gun for preacher who's into cowboy action. Well I about just about fell over when my other half who works at Wal Mart Vision Center told me we have a local Preacher that open carrys at our local store in Augusta Maine all the time. Maybe all our hard work isn't in vain after all. The word is getting around. Good job open carriers!

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I wonder if he carries while at the pulpit and/or if he is comfortable with members of his congregation carrying when they attend services.

jonjon_jon

i saw the same show yesterday too!!! it was AWESOME!!! wander if he carries when he is doing his serman???

xd-over

Yes I told the girls at the vision center that they made a mention on our little forum. Their understanding is this preacher carrys all the time. I find that to be so cool. I'm not stating fact just my opinion. It very well could be this man like so many of us are just sick over needless killings of unarmed citizens. I never owned a handgun before till the mass murders at Viginia Tech. I find these crimes so repulsive I just had to do something. (So now I carry) I'm sure I speak for all Maine OC our hearts goes out to all the victims and their families.

Last edited: