• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Putting old yeller down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
oh-internet-you-so-crazy.jpg

j4l

Ya know, in all honesty, I was kidding about the "kid/child" stuff -at first.
And then I looked..

"Basic Information

b46e26f5.gif

d1051060.gif

'nuff said. All further comments, complaints, posts by you= null and void. Come back in about... 25 yrs or so.

......no wonder..

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
<insert raging reply here in caps lock about how angry I am that you would call me a child at age 22>

j4l

When surrender isnt quiet wimpy enough, cry to mods for help. :rolleyes:

Bottom line. You posted a question to us.
You were given the answer to the question.
You didnt like the answers (and the fact that almost every, single person who answered told you this was not a good idea) -too bloody bad.
In time, with a lot more years under your belt, and (hopefully) at least some kind of life-experience along the way, you'll learn that answers you dont like arent always the wrong answers-just not the ones you hope to hear. Man up, already.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
When surrender isnt quiet wimpy enough, cry to mods for help. :rolleyes:

Bottom line. You posted a question to us.
You were given the answer to the question.
You didnt like the answers (and the fact that almost every, single person who answered told you this was not a good idea) -too bloody bad.
In time, with a lot more years under your belt, and (hopefully) at least some kind of life-experience along the way, you'll learn that answers you dont like arent always the wrong answers-just not the ones you hope to hear. Man up, already.

Your opinion is not law. But you know this...you're just trolling.

j4l

Your opinion is not law. But you know this...you're just trolling.

No, the answer you asked for, and I provided- as clearly laid out in Florida Statutes IS the law.
Not liking the law, or choosing to try to cherry-pick one or two lines out of that law, and then mis-interpreting them into what ever you would like to HOPE they really mean, IS an opinion.

When you ask a question, and 9 out of 10 answers to the question are not what you hoped to hear, that's not an opinion, that's a general consensus by the masses. To translate that into high-school-level language, it means you lose.

But again... 22.. nuff said. Feel free to return, and re-engage anyone in here on anything -AFTER you've acquired the requisite life-experiences to have a comment that matters.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Not liking the law, or choosing to try to cherry-pick one or two lines out of that law, and then mis-interpreting them into what ever you would like to HOPE they really mean, IS an opinion.
Cherry picking one or two lines? You mean, like the definitions that define the keyword of the entire topic? lol

No no no, you're right. Grabbing one line from the law and claiming your opinion of it is law itself is clearly not cherry picking. It must be that infinite wisdom that comes with being on your death bed.

When you ask a question, and 9 out of 10 answers to the question are not what you hoped to hear, that's not an opinion, that's a general consensus by the masses
Yes...it is still an opinion if not supported by law or case law.

EDIT:

I am starting to think that perhaps you're not trolling...maybe this really is your way of thinking. If trolling, I salute you and your attempt. If not..well....lulz.

Last edited:

j4l

Case law... ok, kid, here's your final lesson for the night. Take notes.
Not every event in life is or has yet been, made into a court case on which to base a "case law" to reference.
Sorry to break it to you. Not every crime commited gets into a court.
Not every case that does make it into a court becomes some kind of Supreme Court ruling or other.
Not every event in life is documented, or becomes a link on the internet to cite.

I gave you the Statute to reference that covers the law on the matter.
From there you can do your own research, if it's important enough to bother, instead of crying about everyone telling you it's not a good idea for a number of reasons.
You can feel free to ask a lawyer or a leo, or better still -contact the ASPCA, the humane society, etc. Any of them will not hesitate to lay out precisely what I told you, almost word-for-word what the law is on the matter, and can probably point you to any "case law" available on the issue.
In fact, I encourage you-and all those yahoos in the shoot the scary dog thread to do so. I assure you, they will not like the answer,either.

Since you are either too lazy to do so yourself, or-being a kid, lacking in the know-how to do so, Ill provide you the links:

http://www.aspca.org/

http://floridahumanesociety.org/

I can almost guarantee you they will tell you exactly what I've said in here- (even though Im sure they will be politically correct enough to avoid calling you a moron over the phone, at least until you hang up..)
Why am I so sure of this? Because, from personal experience (no worries kid, if mommy ever lets you out of the house some day, you'll get some of your own) of my own situation here, I inquired about it (not putting down of a dog, but of the shooting of one as in the other post). Im very intimately familiar with this particular Statute, because it is precisely the charges that will be pressed on the persons who killed my dog, the dog of another neighbor and 2 of their cats.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Can I just ask a random question here?

I have five friends on this site and two of them are you guys.

What does that say about me? Lol.

j4l

Can I just ask a random question here?

I have five friends on this site and two of them are you guys.

What does that say about me? Lol.

It says you are kind enough to accept the young, and in-experienced, as well as the old, far-too-experienced, and terminally cranky lol.
Truth be known, 99% of my "abuse" of the less-than-brilliant is entirely in jest. Usually.

But sometimes, I encounter dangerously idiotic folks in here who insist on clinging to myths, urban-legends, and just plain nonsense, and that needs to be addressed, and when possible abused to death when encountered. That you can have a chuckle during the proceedings, is ok in my book lol.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
^ I would say this must be skidmark on another account, but skidmark is only known for being cranky. Not....well...I don't name call over the internet because it hurts your credibility.

I would say that j4l is failing at trolling, but because this thread has reached two pages it appears he was very successful. j4l is probably a kid himself who attempts to offset any perceptions of this by claiming to be some old guy. Any grown adult knows that age is meaningless.

I gave you the Statute to reference that covers the law on the matter.
Actually, you cherry picked a line from the law and avoided the definitions provided in the very beginning of the statute. Instead of giving your opinion of what the statute might mean you took one line and claimed that your opinion was law. "CLASS III FELONY NO GO"

I encounter dangerously idiotic folks in here
^ This is the guy that said he would return fire to anyone who defends themselves from an attacking dog. Dangerous? Idiotic? WE REPORT - YOU DECIDE

Last edited:

j4l

^ I would say this must be skidmark on another account, but skidmark is only known for being cranky. Not....well...I don't name call over the internet because it hurts your credibility.

I would say that j4l is failing at trolling, but because this thread has reached two pages it appears he was very successful. j4l is probably a kid himself who attempts to offset any perceptions of this by claiming to be some old guy. Any grown adult knows that age is meaningless.

Actually, you cherry picked a line from the law and avoided the definitions provided in the very beginning of the statute. Instead of giving your opinion of what the statute might mean you took one line and claimed that your opinion was law. "CLASS III FELONY NO GO"

^ This is the guy that who he would return fire to anyone who defends themselves from an attacking dog. Dangerous? Idiotic? WE REPORT - YOU DECIDE

And again, with the typical teen-age (yes I doubt the 22 thing entirely) word-twisting. I stated several times,in that thread- THE DOG WASNT ATTACKING ANYTHING, WHEN THE GUY SHOT AT IT.

Being scary-looking (an entirely personal-perception-based opinion on that poster's part) is not a justification to shoot anyone or anything. ever.
If it were, Im sure your closet doors would be full of BB's every night when that scary monster you thought you saw was bumping around.. :rolleyes:

"claimed that your opinion was law."
And again, that's no opinion of anyone, it's what the Law is, and the penalty for it. Simple.
This, is why you ride the short bus, schlitz. This complete unwillingness to learn, read, comprehend what's taught to you, and re-enforced by documented Statutes.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
"claimed that your opinion was law."
And again, that's no opinion of anyone, it's what the Law is, and the penalty for it. Simple.
This, is why you ride the short bus, schlitz. This complete unwillingness to learn, read, comprehend what's taught to you, and re-enforced by documented Statutes.

trolling...funny pictures....that's cool... but your constant (and terrible) attempts at personal attacks have thrown out any credibility you could have had here.

The law is the law. You can't cover up part of it and give your opinion and state it as law. You should know this being all old and wise like you claim to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.