• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New neighbor moves in brings rift raft with him

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Didnt they pass a law in this state that allows police to enter a home without search warrant if they smell maryjuwanna? If this is one of the funny smell lofting about from the nieghbor, just call the police and let them deal with it. Maybe they will be arrested and lose their job, then not be able to pay rent, then they can occupy elsewhere.

No. There is no law, if there is please cite.

What there is in the case of the smell of MJ by a LEO is probable cause to enter and discover the illegal item.

SovereignAxe

You're not allowed to correct anyone around here. It will get you the troll label. Just one of those neat unwritten rules . . . .

If I corrected as many spelling and grammar errors on this site as I see, I really would be labeled a troll. I ignore most of them but for some reason that one pushed me over the edge.

Then I found out that it was an autocorrect error. Time wasted :|

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
You're not allowed to correct anyone around here. It will get you the troll label. Just one of those neat unwritten rules . . . .

yea but...lets be real...it is riff raff lol. That was the first thought when I saw the title. "Rift raft? Doesn't he mean riff raff?"

Metalhead47

lol it means they are so annoying I had to create a new word

Rift raft, (noun):
People of such low class or character that one wishes to see them put to sea in a raft with a rift, that is, one with a hole that will promptly sink.
Also a strangely common fate for firearms when questioned by the authorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amzbrady

The new neighbors are annoying but they seem to into there own extra curricular activities to be much of a issue. My main concern are the weird people hanging out outside. I don't want this to come out wrong I never carry to intimate people I do not believe in that but I have noticed when I open carry outside everyone is sure to give me my personal space that's a added bonus

At least we dont have to correct Fire suppressor, He got it right. I agree you shouldnt carry to people that are being intimate. :banana:

It's just not nice to interrupt.

Last edited:

MKEgal

PistolPackingMomma said:
Start documenting dates and times of events.
It helped that other tenants complained, so definitely get your neighbors to chime in.
Ditto on both.
There have been a few problems in my neighborhood, & when it was just me calling about the noise or whatever response was slow to nonexistant & nothing changed.

The few times several neighbors have called the city about something, the problem was addressed quickly.

When I sent a letter to Neighborhood Services about a constantly barking dog* with dates, times, problems, & the info that the one time I went to the house in person the resident was both home & aggressively / vocally refusing to correct the problem, strangly enough within about 3 days that dog wasn't left in the back yard alone, & any barking was stopped almost immediately. I think maybe animal control or the humane society had something to do with it.

* Seriously, the poor thing would be chained in the back yard (short chain, no shelter) & bark for hours on end. I think the most I documented was 10. Most of the time, I'd get away from the house as much as possible.