Thread: Google Censorship?????

Blackfoot, Idaho, USA

Google Censorship?????

I am a member and open carry as often as possible. I read the forum updates daily. I use google to watch posted video of open carry encounters. Until today! My normal google search did not return the same results. I tried different terms to get the video's i am use to seeing, but they never showed. Is it just me or has someone else had the same issue?
    Beware of the Beast Within..... Under God one Nation will be returned to its Foundation!

not censorship, but tailoring of results by person, location etc. I've noticed the opposite, when I search gun related things pop up alot.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Ocean View, Va
    I have until recently searched for snipers hide forums using google. Yesterday when I did the same I got a "unsafe link" page when following the google provided hit. I bypassed it and had no problems. Don't know if this isolated incident or not. It sounds ominously similar to your recent experience.

Herr Heckler Koch
    I use G00gle through an intermediary that strips all of the personally identifiable material from a search request - thus depriving G00gle of the grist for their mill. The intermediary is being regularly blocked recently. G00gle is feeling the pressure.

In Illinois near St. Louis, MO

In the Grassroots newsletter I received today from the NRA, it has links to the Grassroots News Minute video. I clicked on the video and got a blank player window saying the "video is private". Went to the NRA-ILA website and tried it through them - same problem. The links take you to YouTube (owned by G00gle) for these videos and I'm wondering if this may be along the same lines as the OP. If so, sounds like G00gle is trying to be TOO "PC".

Tigard, Oregon, USA
    Did someone change your Google search parameters? When searching videos, there is safe search, moderate, and unfiltered.

Leesburg, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    G00gle is feeling the pressure.
    Thats funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

I80, USA
    Much ado about nothing. Many sites are flagged erroneously as being unsafe. In fact, Google once flagged the entire internet as being unsafe.

Sometimes it's just a coding mistake. Other times it's a site that has had unsafe content associated with it. Maybe a troll posted a lot of malware links in the comments or similar and a google bot discovered them. So the site is then automatically flagged.

Posted using my HTC Evo