• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Google Censorship?????

jimd_21

I am a member and open carry as often as possible. I read the forum updates daily. I use google to watch posted video of open carry encounters. Until today! My normal google search did not return the same results. I tried different terms to get the video's i am use to seeing, but they never showed. Is it just me or has someone else had the same issue?

Daylen

not censorship, but tailoring of results by person, location etc. I've noticed the opposite, when I search gun related things pop up alot.

enigmamdw

I have until recently searched for snipers hide forums using google. Yesterday when I did the same I got a "unsafe link" page when following the google provided hit. I bypassed it and had no problems. Don't know if this isolated incident or not. It sounds ominously similar to your recent experience.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I use G00gle through an intermediary that strips all of the personally identifiable material from a search request - thus depriving G00gle of the grist for their mill. The intermediary is being regularly blocked recently. G00gle is feeling the pressure.

Jack House

Much ado about nothing. Many sites are flagged erroneously as being unsafe. In fact, Google once flagged the entire internet as being unsafe.

Sometimes it's just a coding mistake. Other times it's a site that has had unsafe content associated with it. Maybe a troll posted a lot of malware links in the comments or similar and a google bot discovered them. So the site is then automatically flagged.

Posted using my HTC Evo