Thread: OC in TV Show "American Hoggers"

OC in TV Show "American Hoggers"

How do the Hog Hunters open carry their revolvers on the TV Show "American Hoggers"?

Is there a special permit or exception to OC while hunting hogs?

I think the main thing is that they're on private property. Other than that i'm insure of Texas law.

Sent from the Droid on roids
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Its called hunting.

Texas doesn't ban open carry of handguns; Texas bans carry, period, then gives some exceptions.

One exception is carrying a concealed handgun with a concealed handgun license; another is being in a motor vehicle you own or control, so long as the handgun is concealed. Those are the only two exceptions where being open or concealed matters.

For other exceptions, like being on your own property, you can carry openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, because the ban on carrying no longer applies.

Texas Penal Code 46.02 makes it an offense to carry a handgun on or about your person. Then in Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY:

(b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
    (3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence or motor vehicle, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

American Hoggers and hunting on private property

as long as you are engaged in hunting or on Private property or someones else's property with their permission to hunt or Shoot,hike,fish, or whatever, You may open carry however once you leave said property state law says you can't carry openly. I know this is so much B.S. but laws are laws we as in citizens of Texas needs to have laws reversed or new ones added in that gives us a option. or just vote out the anti- gunners and vote pro gunners into office.

JBarL
    Last edited by JBarL; 12-21-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling lol
    J Bar L Firearm Training Academy
    Texas Certified Concealed Hand Gun Instructor
    Texas Parks & Wildlife Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor
    http://jblfta.wix.com/jeff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where The 2nd Amendment is Practiced Every Day

Quote Originally Posted by JBarL View Post
    as long as you are engaged in hunting or on Private property or someones else's property with their permission to hunt or Shoot,hike,fish, or whatever, You may open carry however once you leave said property state law says you can't carry openly.
    Please take a moment to review the law; it's in the post right above yours.

CBarL, I think you took the law a bit too far...The exemption "not applicable" the law specifically includes going to and from the exempt activity.

Oldest daughter and SIL live in TX, I hate going to TX to visit from a free state (WA). I don't own anything easily "concealable" becasue I don't need anything "concealable" here, and it is too hot down there to wear a jacket. I have a CPL, and it is accepted in TX, but why do I have to worry about covering???? Believe me, if I can uncover, I will!
    Last edited by hermannr; 12-23-2011 at 08:54 PM.