• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in TV Show "American Hoggers"

rscottie

How do the Hog Hunters open carry their revolvers on the TV Show "American Hoggers"?

Is there a special permit or exception to OC while hunting hogs?

KBCraig

Texas doesn't ban open carry of handguns; Texas bans carry, period, then gives some exceptions.

One exception is carrying a concealed handgun with a concealed handgun license; another is being in a motor vehicle you own or control, so long as the handgun is concealed. Those are the only two exceptions where being open or concealed matters.

For other exceptions, like being on your own property, you can carry openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, because the ban on carrying no longer applies.

Texas Penal Code 46.02 makes it an offense to carry a handgun on or about your person. Then in Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY:

(b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
(3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence or motor vehicle, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

JBarL

American Hoggers and hunting on private property

as long as you are engaged in hunting or on Private property or someones else's property with their permission to hunt or Shoot,hike,fish, or whatever, You may open carry however once you leave said property state law says you can't carry openly. I know this is so much B.S. but laws are laws we as in citizens of Texas needs to have laws reversed or new ones added in that gives us a option. or just vote out the anti- gunners and vote pro gunners into office.

JBarL

Last edited:

KBCraig

as long as you are engaged in hunting or on Private property or someones else's property with their permission to hunt or Shoot,hike,fish, or whatever, You may open carry however once you leave said property state law says you can't carry openly.
Please take a moment to review the law; it's in the post right above yours.

hermannr

CBarL, I think you took the law a bit too far...The exemption "not applicable" the law specifically includes going to and from the exempt activity.

Oldest daughter and SIL live in TX, I hate going to TX to visit from a free state (WA). I don't own anything easily "concealable" becasue I don't need anything "concealable" here, and it is too hot down there to wear a jacket. I have a CPL, and it is accepted in TX, but why do I have to worry about covering???? Believe me, if I can uncover, I will!

Last edited: