• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Cocktoastin

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fellow OCr's. Been OCing in the Ardmore, Athens, Decatur, and Hunts Vegas area for around a year now, no problems or run ins so far.

FTG-05

Welcome! I'm also in North Alabama and have OC'd in Wren, Moulton, Decatur and Madison. Except for being asked if I'm a game warder or a cop, I haven't had any problems.

Kirbinator

I'll second what Brimstone Baritone said. If you DO have a contact and it's unfavorable, it will be as if it never happened unless YOU carry a recorder. Don't depend on your phone for that function.

CBLW

Huntsville Area

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fellow OCr's. Been OCing in the Ardmore, Athens, Decatur, and Hunts Vegas area for around a year now, no problems or run ins so far.

I'm glad you haven't had any negative experiences carrying openly, but I sure have....

I haven't seen ANYONE else in the Huntsville area carrying openly ever (except people who work in gun stores like Larry's, while working in the store.) I sure would like to see others that open-carry in Huntsville, cause I feel like I'm the only one ever doing it. One of the first times I carried openly I had the police called on me at a Taco Bell in south Huntsville who told me I could not openly carry and seemed semi-aggressive at first until I identifed myself and explained why I was carrying openly (i.e. it's legal.) They argued with me and told me it wasn't and I had to keep it concealed. Another negative experience I had from people regarding open carry was when I went to check out AR prices at JC's Gun & Tackle on Jordan Lane. The guy behind the gun counter saw me carrying openly claimed I could not do that, "it had to be concealed." The guy never asked me to leave, so I put my jacket back on over it just to see the AR prices so I wouldn't be asked to leave or get the cops called on me for carrying openly on someone's property against the owners wishes. Ended up getting into a debate with him about "Open Carry," and the guy was a real *******. I will never go to that store again! I was polite and friendly in my discussion with him, however he seemed like a real ***** about everything, not to mention incredibly ignorant on gun knowledge and law. I could not believe he said the Walther p99 was discontinued when it's still for sale brand new on the official walther site. Apparently there's a rumor on the internet about it, but it's not true.

But I would really like to see others carrying openly in the Huntsville city limits a lot more often. So I hope to see you around, though I guess I don't get out as much as I used to either.

Kirbinator

"Hey, buddy... are we here to argue over legalities, or are we here to find out if I'm going to buy that AR-15? Because I'm not real interested in arguing, and I'm thinking I'm not too interested in owning that AR either."