• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New tactic from the anti-gun lobby: Gun Rights threaten LEOs!

Uber_Olafsun

The thing that consistently surprises me about Ms. Haas (a German name, by the way, "Hawes" is Scottish, and should not be confused with "Haas") - is that her daughter was assaulted in a place that meets her own criteria for public safety. Everyone in the school at the time was unarmed except the assailant, whom I suppose we could agree was acting as an outlaw. The law of the place where her daughter was killed is precisely as she says she wants the world to be. The macabre implication is that at some psychological level, she seeks the death of others similarly situated. I'd sure like to be able to investigate her personal history and find out what happened to her as a child to cause her to be this way.

Hey my last name is Haas. Maybe I should OC at rally's more and try to get my name printed next to hers just to confuse people. Oh and my ancestry is Prussian.

Repeater

Hey my last name is Haas. Maybe I should OC at rally's more and try to get my name printed next to hers just to confuse people. Oh and my ancestry is Prussian.

I'm confused. Is this Haas, too?
birdman33a.JPG

[size=+1]Dan[/size]

altajava

Lori is losing more followers every day. This is just a desperate and pretty stupid move to get something going.

I'm working on a new crusade to keep her busy.
Stay Tuned for the Farm Show Loophole.
You have no idea how many innocent people are killed and injured every year...by chainsaws.:uhoh:

Chainsaws aint nothin'. I know of more people that have gone through a chipper than have been maimed by a chainsaw. Where is the outcry to ban chippers!

Docgmt

Get more LEO support

Getting back on track as it were; We should work on getting more LEO support. VCDL has held a few meetings with different police departments around the state that were very positive. Putting a face on the CHP holder for the police eliminates some of the unknown for that cops when dealing with the public. We should turn this into a positive for us and a negative for them. They are the ones that created the tension between the police and the public in the first place. It was and still is the left that calls America's bravest PIGs or BACON, treating them with disrespect and contempt.

Should be an easy move on our part.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Getting back on track as it were; We should work on getting more LEO support. VCDL has held a few meetings with different police departments around the state that were very positive.

Which meetings were they?

Getting the cooperation of the various PD's, other than places like York, is impossible. Administration is Administration and the Union is the Union.

Better to concentrate on support that gives more than lip service and a knife in the back.

To quote a high ranking Henrico officer when Shall Issue was being considered..."I'll resign if that passes".
It passed and he's still there, higher on the food chain and that's what you're trying to get support from.

Last edited:

wylde007

Putting a face on the CHP holder for the police eliminates some of the unknown for that cops when dealing with the public.
A CHP "holder" doing it properly isn't the one the cops worry about, because they DON'T KNOW.

It's the law abiding citizen OPEN CARRYING that seems to wig some of them out, regardless of the nearly absolute fact that criminals don't carry their weapons out in the open.

riverrat10k

Which meetings were they?

Getting the cooperation of the various PD's, other than places like York, is impossible. Administration is Administration and the Union is the Union.

Better to concentrate on support that gives more than lip service and a knife in the back.

To quote a high ranking Henrico officer when Shall Issue was being considered..."I'll resign if that passes".
It passed and he's still there, higher on the food chain and that's what you're trying to get support from.

Peter, I agree that trying to work with various PD's may be a lost cause, but I disagree that it should stop.

My rule has always been "if you ask for the sale you may or may not get it, but if you don't even ask you WON'T get it."

Agree that there may be better uses of our time but disagree that we should abandon initiating any dialogue at all. Squeaky wheel, and all that. Haas represents a small, radical, group. But she squeaks loudly.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter, I agree that trying to work with various PD's may be a lost cause, but I disagree that it should stop.

My rule has always been "if you ask for the sale you may or may not get it, but if you don't even ask you WON'T get it."

Agree that their may be better uses of our time but disagree that we should abandon initiating any dialogue at all. Squeaky wheel, and all that. Haas represents a small, radical, group. But she squeaks loudly.

You may be right RR. hat's why I leave the gun lobby to Dale and Philip. As Badger puts it, I'm harsh:banana:

It is possible to keep them quieter on the subject. The "Man with a gun"meetings with the PD's the poster was referring to earlier, didn't show that the PD's were on a friendly basis.

Notice they all used the same canned presentation, probably made by the union.
They were just presenting what would keep them out of civil court and they don't really abide by what they say....

BUT, it will keep them quiet on the subject in the GA since they know their presentations were recorded.

I may add a ruler in the video's to show scientific evidence the Hanover Deputy's nose grew 6.97 inches during his little talk.:lol:

Not to mention that while Henrico was telling how friendly and professional they were when approaching law abiding OC'ers, I was showing this.

[video=vimeo;24658229]http://vimeo.com/24658229[/video]

Last edited:

Docgmt

Haas & nuts

Agree that their may be better uses of our time but disagree that we should abandon initiating any dialogue at all. Squeaky wheel, and all that. Haas represents a small, radical, group. But she squeaks loudly.

Then let's ask! If we leave it open to their imagination then they will continue to think that every guy with a gun in a danger. That is part of the training, everyone is a bad guy until proven innocent. If we tell them enough time that we are the good guy's & gal's the truth will sink in, better than letting Hass & nuts spread their lies.

Last edited: