• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rolla?

Freedom 1st

Looks like its OK according to the city website's ordinance sections here.. http://rollacity.org/muncourt/newordinance/chapter41.shtml#sec2

I was surprised that was the case since Rolla is a very liberal community. The Carnahan family got their start in politics there.

I was going to post last night but I had also found the link you provided. I wanted to research further today. There is a section that has me concerned.

(b) No person shall possess or discharge any firearm while intoxicated, nor shall any person carry a firearm or other weapon readily capable of lethal use in any church or any school building or in any school grounds or to any election precinct or in any agency of the federal, state or local government, or to any public assemblage of any persons for any lawful purpose except a legally qualified sheriff, police officer or other law enforcement officer in the performance of their duty.

The wording: or to any public assemblage of any persons for any lawful purpose except a legally qualified sheriff, PO, or other LEO.

Now I am not a lawyer, by no means. But I was wondering myself if this could be meant as anywhere public. Walmart, the convience store, ect. I have a interest in this also I had read somewhere online, (I thought it was Sullivan) Rollas ordinances. I could have swore they mirrored state statutes. I am now wondering if I have been breaking the law when I stop for fuel. SHHHHHHHHH

This, while I love OC, I hate to OC in Missouri. It is just damn near impossible to keep current with what every rinky dink governing body passed into law last night. Think I,m going to call my state rep and " b*tch again. "Nicely" of course.

Last edited:

NeoShade

I open carry in Rolla, with little problems. Some education is needed at times "You got a permit for that" kind of thing. Walmart tried to tell me corporate policy bans them, but corporate says they follow state and local laws.

Rolla police say its allowed, as i call them yearly and ask again. I'm going to get the chief to sign a paper later too, just in case....

Let me know if you need a carry buddy :).