Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do u open carry

how do u open carry

i wanted to no if it is possable to o/c a long gun. if so what law if any will i need to know about if i wanted to o/c a long gun.

There are a few members here that have, as far as I'm aware its the same rules as it is with pistols but IANAL... however I will forwarn you that the rules of the forum are to keep the topics to OCing pistols only. Not to sound harsh of course, but FYI.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy
    Last edited by Yance; 12-12-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    There are a few members here that have, as far as I'm aware its the same rules as it is with pistols but IANAL... however I will forwarn you that the rules of the forum are to keep the topics to OCing pistols only. Not to sound harsh of course, but FYI.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy
    thnk u for the information but the point of this forum as i see it , is to promote open carry as a whole.
    i do o/c a pistol, i just wanted more information and as u proved this is a great place to ask your questions and receive great answers.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    thnk u for the information but the point of this forum as i see it , is to promote open carry as a whole.
    i do o/c a pistol, i just wanted more information and as u proved this is a great place to ask your questions and receive great answers.
    I'm not going to discuss the OC of a long gun. I will however tell you how you must transport a long gun if you were to take it to the range.

750.227d Transporting or possessing firearm in or upon motor vehicle or self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel; conditions; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
    Sec. 227d. (1) Except as otherwise permitted by law, a person shall not transport or possess in or upon a motor vehicle or any self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel a firearm, other than a pistol, unless the firearm is unloaded and is 1 or more of the following:
    (a) Taken down.
    (b) Enclosed in a case.
    (c) Carried in the trunk of the vehicle.
    (d) Inaccessible from the interior of the vehicle.
    This applies to CPL holders and non-CPL holders. Cops under LEOSA can carry a loaded long gun in a car though.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

I fully understand, are you a member of MGO (migunowners.org)? If you arent, they have an open carry specific sub-forum where this would be better suited, I'm over there myself and its a great forum. A lot of people on here are on there and they will allow discussion of LGOC, its been on there a few times. Forum membership is free.

That's where you are wrong. The point of this forum is whatever the owners say it is and the owners have said no discussions on long gun OC. End of story.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

You may have better results OCing a "michigan pistol"... check into it.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Banned
    I got a lot of crap for it, so have others who have done it. Its not the time yet.

If you are asking because of wanting to be OC due to winter weather, try a leg drop, or thigh rig instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWDdVCxChP0

Banned
    I played the cards that were dealt to me. If I had a couple aces, I would have taken Waterford to the mat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CV67 PAT View Post
    You had the only trump card you needed and you folded (caved in).
    I needed the funds to go to appeals.

Since pat is so adamant about you fighting this, maybe hell give you the funds to do it stainless. That way he can stop complaining about all your mistakes and short comings
    Last edited by Yance; 12-13-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Banned
    Lol. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't quit, and my heart is in the right place.

Some would argue youre not even in the shed some days lol...but you know your stuff when it matters and you certainly are still fighting the good fight regardless

Banned
    Hahahahaha

Banned
    Shooting is inherently more accurate from the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Shooting is inherently more accurate from the knees.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBiker View Post

Is the knelling man receiving communion??
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBiker View Post

Wow.....

Last edited by TheQ; 12-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Since Pat is in the same place as Brainless, right in Davisburg, why doesn't he mosey on over to Waterford Schools and prove his moxie?
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 12-14-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Banned
    I dindnt do anything to create this drama. When it happened, I didn't whine about it either, I fought it out with the resources available to me for a year.

I bet if you carried at Waterford Village a few times, it would be different.

Banned
    No, Im talking about the elementary school where this all started. Ask to see Ms. Grimes, And Mr. Himmelspach, (sp?) She is the Principal, and he is the security officer. Go in there, and ask them why they have decided to turn a blind eye to certain people OCing, like yourself, and then issue no trespass orders, and the promise of full prosecution to others.

Don't forget to turn on your digital voice recorder, or hidden video camera. I could use the youtube video in a discrimination suit.

pat...werent you supposed to be banned? already getting back on a cocky, elitist foot i see.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Different strokes for different folks....so on & so on... & scooby dooby doo :)

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    Since pat is so adamant about you fighting this, maybe hell give you the funds to do it stainless. That way he can stop complaining about all your mistakes and short comings
    I've already done that for more than one person that stood on their feet instead of on their knees.
    I can confirm this to be fact. Pat is one of the good guys believe it or not, he is just more passionate than some of us! Stainless too is passionate about OC. Heck I would rather be in a room full of different minded OCers any day of the week versus a room full of like minded THUGS! ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWiPx...eature=related
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Let's get together some time and bury the hatchet.
    He may be serious. He's been doing that lately.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast