• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how do u open carry

rvd4now

i wanted to no if it is possable to o/c a long gun. if so what law if any will i need to know about if i wanted to o/c a long gun.

Yance

There are a few members here that have, as far as I'm aware its the same rules as it is with pistols but IANAL... however I will forwarn you that the rules of the forum are to keep the topics to OCing pistols only. Not to sound harsh of course, but FYI.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy

Last edited:

rvd4now

There are a few members here that have, as far as I'm aware its the same rules as it is with pistols but IANAL... however I will forwarn you that the rules of the forum are to keep the topics to OCing pistols only. Not to sound harsh of course, but FYI.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy

thnk u for the information but the point of this forum as i see it , is to promote open carry as a whole.
i do o/c a pistol, i just wanted more information and as u proved this is a great place to ask your questions and receive great answers.

xmanhockey7

thnk u for the information but the point of this forum as i see it , is to promote open carry as a whole.
i do o/c a pistol, i just wanted more information and as u proved this is a great place to ask your questions and receive great answers.

I'm not going to discuss the OC of a long gun. I will however tell you how you must transport a long gun if you were to take it to the range.

750.227d Transporting or possessing firearm in or upon motor vehicle or self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel; conditions; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Sec. 227d. (1) Except as otherwise permitted by law, a person shall not transport or possess in or upon a motor vehicle or any self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel a firearm, other than a pistol, unless the firearm is unloaded and is 1 or more of the following:
(a) Taken down.
(b) Enclosed in a case.
(c) Carried in the trunk of the vehicle.
(d) Inaccessible from the interior of the vehicle.

This applies to CPL holders and non-CPL holders. Cops under LEOSA can carry a loaded long gun in a car though.

Yance

I fully understand, are you a member of MGO (migunowners.org)? If you arent, they have an open carry specific sub-forum where this would be better suited, I'm over there myself and its a great forum. A lot of people on here are on there and they will allow discussion of LGOC, its been on there a few times. Forum membership is free.

CV67 PAT

Because you sat there trying to justify it to the cop. Just shut up and go about your business. But no, you had to sit there and try to convince him (or yourself) that you were lawful. Why?

I here the same in all of your tapes.

You get picked on because you let them pick on you.

Warren schools backed you into a corner because you let them. Instead of standing your ground, taking the charges and then following through. You now have a history that no lawyer will touch without a huge stack of cash.

And to top it off you advise others to follow your lead???

Yance

Since pat is so adamant about you fighting this, maybe hell give you the funds to do it stainless. That way he can stop complaining about all your mistakes and short comings ;)

Last edited:

Yance

Some would argue youre not even in the shed some days lol...but you know your stuff when it matters and you certainly are still fighting the good fight regardless

CV67 PAT

Since pat is so adamant about you fighting this, maybe hell give you the funds to do it stainless. That way he can stop complaining about all your mistakes and short comings ;)

I've already done that for more than one person that stood on their feet instead of on their knees.

DetroitBiker

Shooting is inherently more accurate from the knees.

snj49e.jpg

:D