• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison LEOs are learning :)

Sorcice

I was at Denny's tonight and when I went to pay my bill a LEO came in behind me. I thought someone made a MWAG call and got my phone ready to record but I guess he was there for food. Didn't say 1 word and tipped his head like "Howdy" when I left. I think they are finally being trained to not bother us :). At least in Madison.

-Sorcice

BROKENSPROKET

The 2 years that I have OC'd, that is the way it has been in my area. I even came down to Madistan for a weekend after the Mad-5 incident and I couldn't get them to bother me. I didn't want them to. I just wanted to be left alone. I got on thier radar and they left me alone. The Capitol Police were awesome.

Firearms Iinstuctor

All it took was a couple of law suits and a change in the law.

In a couple of years this well be old news and we well be talking about the bad old days.

Hopefully we well have consitutional carry by then.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I was at Denny's tonight and when I went to pay my bill a LEO came in behind me. I thought someone made a MWAG call and got my phone ready to record but I guess he was there for food. Didn't say 1 word and tipped his head like "Howdy" when I left. I think they are finally being trained to not bother us :). At least in Madison.

-Sorcice

One Madison sergeant recently told me that they've "learned a lot" over the past year. It appears to me that the Madison PD has put a reasonable effort into training its officers in order to avoid repeating past mistakes. The sergeant indicated that they realize that with a surge in OC, and with the advent of CC, their jobs got a tiny bit more complicated but they are confident they can educate their officers to handle it in a way that respects the RKBA.

I'm optimistic and I hope nothing happens to squash that feeling.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have learn that when mistakes cost them money they can learn really fast.

Lots have said it is not their money. It might not allways be transparent but when a dept loses thousands of dollars somebody gets told about it.

The loss goes thru the grape vine really fast and other learn not to make the same mistake.

It might not be formal or it might be formal but others do learn from others mistakes.