• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got an interview with Mail Tribune

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Where is your interview? All I was able to read was an article that tried mightily to bury the fact that what you were doing was legal. Instead it seemed to put emphasis on commending the schoolbus driver for being worried that you might start shooting her little passengers as soon as they got off the bus - but were somehow perfectly safe as long as they stayed inside the big yellow tube that the driver made no attempt to move away from where you were.

Kudos on the mom who seemed able to convince the bus driver that you were not a threat. And kudos to te cop who stated that trouble would come from folks trying to act on their own to take your guns away from you.

stay safe.

Badger Johnson

I don't mean any harm but I think I'd be concerned, since I don't know you. Seems like a flakey thing to do.

We-the-People

While it wasn't a horrible hatchet job it certainly skimmed over the part about RIGHT TO CARRY AND TOTALLY LEGAL while giving all manner of "time" (i.e. print space) to the prosthletizing of Lt Hansen of MPD with opinions, fiction, and fantasy.

"It's not the normal thing we want to see in our citizens," Hansen said. "It is legal, but it is not a good thing to do".Um, excuse me Lt Hansen, YOUR JOB is not to determine whether legal activities are "a good thing to do". Your job is to find illegal activities and stop them, not offer your opinions, person or departmental, on the lawful activities of Oregonians.

Hansen said carrying weapons in public would become a problem if the activity caused public alarm, or weapons were being pointed at someone.

Wonder where he pulled that line from? The brady bunch? A review of YouTube videos in which officers try to apply "disorderly" charges to law abiding citizens? Sounds to me like he (more likely the department) is trying to lay some ground work to support future civil rights violations.

TIME FOR A MEDFORD OC MEET UP FOLKS.

Kingfish

The mods on this forum would probably ban me for posting what I really think of that dumb-ass.
So, it is your opinion that government agents should be allowed to disarm/detain/arrest/harass a person with a holstered handgun and a slung rifle at will?

What is your specific issue? Is it that he was carrying the handgun openly in a holster? Carrying the rifle slung? Carrying political campaign material? Or is it a combination?

VW_Factor

He just hates things that he does not agree with.

While I don't care much for Warren's style myself. Its his rights to do what he will. Carry on with it.

Getting people to think a bit about certain issues is the ultimate goal is it not?

We-the-People

LE is now on record as agreeing OC of handguns and long guns as legal. I see this as full of WIN!

Ahhh the silver lining.....AND.... If what was reported on the Bill Meyer radio show is true (that MPD sent a memo to all departments saying that what he is doing is legal but that if they see him to call them immediately) is true? They are seriously stepping in it and will end up getting smacked (figuratively of course).

Like most LEO encounters, those Warren is experiencing are NOT about the second amendment but about the FOURTH.

If we, as individuals, believe in liberty, freedom, the law, and the Constitution, then we must acknowledge that the liberty and freedom of others may very well allow them to do something with which we disagree, sometimes vehemently. Take for instance burning the U.S. flag in protest. It chaps my hide to see Americans burning the flag in protest when the very freedoms this country guarantees them is the only reason they can do so without being jailed. HOWEVER, I recognize their RIGHT to do so AND I spent 18 years in the service defending their rights.

We can't have it both ways.