• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a good conversation about OC in Sam's Club (Hattiesburg)

4angrybadgers

I was shopping at Sam's Club with my 1-year-old daughter last night. An older gentleman approached me in the aisle and asked "if one had to be an officer of the law to wear that", referring to my RIA 1911 on my hip. A very cordial conversation ensued about legal carry in MS, and the reasons for carrying. He was completely ignorant of the state laws regarding any form of carry, so I tried to give him an accurate but quick overview of the law.

I've been asked about open carry before, but the other person always has their own misconceptions about the laws, and it's hard to break through such barriers. This gentleman listened attentively, and seemed impressed that I was carrying for my safety and my family's safety.

I also OCed at Academy (returned a single-stack .45ACP magazine holster that I didn't like) and wasn't accosted by anyone. All in all a good night, except that Sam's Club quit carrying the cinnamon pita chips that my pregnant wife craves. :uhoh: :)

Last edited: