• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do EMTs and ER Nurses and Cops do about your firearm?

since9

Campaign Veteran
The Director of Nursing was upset that one of her nurses was tied up for so long and felt that it was rather foolish of the Security Department not to be willing to return the gun to a LEO. The Director of Security and I sat down a week later and “updated” his SOP.

I rewrote a few regs in my day. That was easy. Getting people to follow them is a bit more challenging.

sudden valley gunner

When I was in a bad care wreck a few years ago the State Patrol took my weapon after they put me on the stretcher and loaded me into the ambulance. (He asked if I had a CPL and before I could really reply said "It doesn't matter you are Open Carrying") and released it back to me after I was released from the hospital. The evidence officer (it was placed in evidence storage for safe keeping) even delivered it to me personally since I was having a hard time getting around. It is how I got this sticker on my firearm.....and I leave it on because I find it cool and a good reminder.

(sidenot) On a recent visit to Hawaii where I am required to register my weapon the HPD loved that sticker and actually passed my gun around for other officers to look at and talked about how they need something like that.

WSPGun-1.jpg

Last edited:

okboomer

Dang, SVG, ya met cops that didn't go all snarky about "someone not them" having a firearm :shocker: Good to hear that not all them islanders seem to be thinking with the wrong part of their brain :cool:

sudden valley gunner

Dang, SVG, ya met cops that didn't go all snarky about "someone not them" having a firearm :shocker: Good to hear that not all them islanders seem to be thinking with the wrong part of their brain :cool:

Yea our State Troopers seem to be top notch when it comes to OC and firearms. I have had many great encounters with them.

Guns are popular with many Islanders when we go to the range we have to go at 7 a.m. to get a spot and even then it is already very crowded. I have pics of that floating around somewhere to, the most beautiful and funnest range I have ever been too.

DeeGee

When I was in a bad care wreck a few years ago the State Patrol took my weapon after they put me on the stretcher and loaded me into the ambulance. (He asked if I had a CPL and before I could really reply said "It doesn't matter you are Open Carrying") and released it back to me after I was released from the hospital. The evidence officer (it was placed in evidence storage for safe keeping) even delivered it to me personally since I was having a hard time getting around. It is how I got this sticker on my firearm.....and I leave it on because I find it cool and a good reminder.

(sidenot) On a recent visit to Hawaii where I am required to register my weapon the HPD loved that sticker and actually passed my gun around for other officers to look at and talked about how they need something like that.

WSPGun-1.jpg

That is a really cool sticker & pic. I think I would leave it on there too.

Outdoorsman1

I have often thought about what would happen if I was rendered unconsious while carrying...?????

One of the firearms safety classes I have taken, gave out a rubber wrist band (similar to the pink cancer awarness ones) that had their website on one side and "Trained Armed Citizen" on the other. I wear one on each wrist. If anybody goes to check my pulse, they will immeadiately know that I am armed which I belive to be a good thing if I am unconsious and being treated by medical personnel...

The bands are black with yellow writing and are not able to be read from a disitance so it is not like I am advertizeing to the general public that I am carrying... that is of course unless they see my firearm while open carrying....

As far as what happens to my firearm.. I can only hope and pray to God that whoever decides to remove it from my holster (for whatever reason), will be carefull enought to avoid an negligent discharge... As one of my carry firearms is a Glock 27... FULLY LOADED... and will fire with the pull of the trigger....

In my opinion, this is the one and only reason that might even come close to justify carrying without a round in the chamber, but based on being ready, before the seconds it takes to chamber a round, I still choose to carry fully loaded..

Outdoorsman1