Thread: new here

Havre Montana

new here

Hi all I just got signed up so I wanted to say hi and I wanted to ask a question, are there any open carrier's in Montana ?

Quarryville, PA
    Welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!

Your question is probably best directed towards the Montana sub-forum found at the link below:
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    +1 Welcome to the forum.

Moved the thread to the Montana sub-forum for you.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah Patterson View Post
    Hi all I just got signed up so I wanted to say hi and I wanted to ask a question, are there any open carrier's in Montana ?
    Hello Jeremiah,

Welcome to OCDO (OpenCarry Dot Org). I used to live in MT (Flathead Lake Area) and several times throughout the year make travels back to MT. I know there are others in MT on this forum that live and carry in MT. However, they do not travel these forums very often.

Since I travel to MT fairly regularly I know the MCA (Montana Code Annotated) in regards to firearms, audio/video and obligation to identify pretty good. If you have questions I will help the best I can to clarify. Other Montanins will likely make there way around to the question when they do visit.

I would suggest reviewing MCA Chapter 45 Section 8 for all firearm related laws.
    I would also suggest (even if open carrying) applying for a Permit to carry concealed weapon which can be applied for at your county sheriff office.

If you have any questions feel free to post them.

I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.