• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new here

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Hi all I just got signed up so I wanted to say hi and I wanted to ask a question, are there any open carrier's in Montana ?

Hello Jeremiah,

Welcome to OCDO (OpenCarry Dot Org). I used to live in MT (Flathead Lake Area) and several times throughout the year make travels back to MT. I know there are others in MT on this forum that live and carry in MT. However, they do not travel these forums very often.

Since I travel to MT fairly regularly I know the MCA (Montana Code Annotated) in regards to firearms, audio/video and obligation to identify pretty good. If you have questions I will help the best I can to clarify. Other Montanins will likely make there way around to the question when they do visit.

I would suggest reviewing MCA Chapter 45 Section 8 for all firearm related laws. http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca_toc/45_8_3.htm
I would also suggest (even if open carrying) applying for a Permit to carry concealed weapon which can be applied for at your county sheriff office.

If you have any questions feel free to post them.

-slapmonkay