• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Developing - Monroe OC Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
This is developing. I will update this thread with more information.

I have been informed by a fellow OCer (not part of the forum) that he was harassed by the Monroe PD yesterday around noon in Monroe. There is some limited video that I have reviewed (he only has 1 minute chunks).

I have submitted a FOIA request for this incident. Once I get the OCer's OK and the FOIA documents back I will post the information here.

Monroe Police Department
818 W. Main St
Monroe, WA 98272
(360) 794-6300

FMCDH

Any updates?

This is a town I visit regularly, and I have never had a problem.

I would be interested to know the officers names.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I just received the FOIA stuff in email a couple hours ago. I am reviewing it and talking with the OCer.

Reporting Officer was Jacob Eriks Badge 1253.

Here is the initial video the OCer provided me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI6bC5TAhFw This is only part of the interaction which actually lasted 22 minutes.

I still don't have full details, I am meeting with the OCer on Saturday for coffee at Starbucks in Monroe to understand more what happened.

Edit: As I look over the evidence I realized that the OCer friend was also carrying a shotgun which is probably what prompted the calls and extra contact by Monroe PD. This was not a fact I knew when I originally posted.

Last edited:

FMCDH

What law says you can wear those huge black shoes with those too tight navy colored pants on a Monday? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FMCDH

I just received the FOIA stuff in email a couple hours ago. I am reviewing it and talking with the OCer.

Reporting Officer was Jacob Eriks Badge 1253.

Here is the initial video the OCer provided me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI6bC5TAhFw This is only part of the interaction which actually lasted 22 minutes.

I still don't have full details, I am meeting with the OCer on Saturday for coffee at Starbucks in Monroe to understand more what happened.

Edit: As I look over the evidence I realized that the OCer friend was also carrying a shotgun which is probably what prompted the calls and extra contact by Monroe PD. This was not a fact I knew when I originally posted.

Count me in on that meeting, if he is willing. PM me the time and location if so.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Some additional information:
-5 to 8 police cars responded.
-Some officers responded sporting M4 rifles
-Interaction lasted 22 minutes
-Video provided was from the first 5 or so minutes
-Officers continued to follow the 2 suspects for 15 or so min after stop of video
-Officers took photo evidence (6 photos taken by officers after video)
-OCer1 had a drop leg holstered firearm, OCer2 had a slung shotgun
-Officers were able to get an Id on one of the two OCer's

Outstanding:
-still waiting on audio of 911 calls and radio transmissions

Odd thoughts:
-The police report was not written until after I requested it via FOIA request. Aren't these normally filled out following the case?

FMCDH

Is it legal to OC a shotgun like that?

As long as its not "in hand" and/or pointed in an unsafe direction, generally yes.

Even loaded is legal, but not recommended in an urban setting as a matter of carry practice, and it must be unloaded before being placed in a vehicle.

Last edited:

MadHatter66

Saw this on his account too... Has a few more min of video on the same encounter it looks like... I can hear the emergency traffic beeper (the tone every 6sec) is it for this call or something else?
[video=youtube_share;fKGYsvzfQDo]http://youtu.be/fKGYsvzfQDo[/video]

MadHatter66

That beep means restricted traffic. It means that the highest priority of the PD and dispatch is being given to a certain call (very probable, that it is that call).

I know what it is and what its used for ;) I was curious if it is for this call or just a coincidence that the tones are running. I would think that its probably for this call, but you never know what else might be going on at the time. What would also be in the radio traffic is whether it was officer initiated or dispatcher inittated. I know I have done it both way, waited for the officer and started it myself depending on a few factors. Some places by policy will start emergecy traffic any call with things like guns, or violence. Its automatically established when the first unit arrives on scene, some even will switch all the units on scene to a tac channel so that the entire freq isn't on emergency traffic. I am not familiar with SNOPAC policies though... If it is officer initiated, then it (can) show that they are coming on scene with a more aggressive demeanor, and (can) mean that they are looking for or expecting a problem.

Slapmonkey -- If you get the radio traffic and need it deciphered let me know. There is sometimes things with hidden meanings to them in radio traffic that can sound innocuous, but really aren't and have an inflammatory meaning or call for an inflammatory response.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
That beep means restricted traffic. It means that the highest priority of the PD and dispatch is being given to a certain call (very probable, that it is that call).

I reviewed the dispatcher CAD print outs. It does seem the responding officer requested the clear channel. Radio traffic was restricted for 3 minutes. Will have a better understanding once I get the audio files.

They did show up with there m4s ready to go.

It was originally dispatched as only priority 3 call. CAD clearly calls out no threats. The officer seems to be the one who escalated it.

Once I get everything ill look at posting it.

Last edited:

Schlepnier

Interesting....they seem to have handled themselves well.
apparently the LEOs are not up to speed on the 1st circuit court ruling from AUG.

Look forward to more info on this.

SpyderTattoo

+1. Besides, I'm sure the rifles are not really M4's, which would indicate automatic fire. Their rifles are just like some rifles owned by people on this board, semi-auto AR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.