• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is IMPOSSIBLE, as the GFSZA of 1990 utterly prohibits this sort of thing...

Jack House

Two Students Shot and Wounded at a Texas Middle School

Right? Right? :banghead:

Please write your Congressman and support the repeal of the utterly useless GFSZA of 1990.
The only thing that this incident does is suggest that the GFSZ should be larger.

Not that I support the GFSZ, I'd like to see it repealed too. Buuuut, that doesn't change the fact that the above story is a poor example of why the GFSZ failed. If only thing, it does the complete opposite. Saying that it failed only because it allowed the hunters to hunt too close to the school.

Bare in mind I'm not really buying the hunter theory, just going by the facts presented. Before attempting to make an argument, one should consider how that argument can be twisted to be used against them, how easily that can happen and pro and cons of preceding with that argument.

Brion

I imagine in my Grandmother's voice.

"I just don't understand. They have all them signs that say no guns. I thought those were supposed to stop the bad people from doing bad things. Oh no."