• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed overseas for a few years this Sunday.....

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
and my WI CCW comes in the mail today.

I already gave my handguns to my soon-to-be Father inlaw, for safe keeping and use.

:(

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Bless you for your service. We will pray for your safe return home. What a horrible time to have to leave, when families should be together more than ever.

Packfanatic

Can I go too?

It's not that bad

Civy side this time, and bringing my wife )

Since the republican party cannot seem to get a viable well liked and respected candidate obama could be re-elected.so can i go with you LOL ! Good Luck on the other side of the pond....

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

Hey XD make sure you keep an eye on the electons and cast your absentee ballot when you can every vote counts

good luck on your journeys and come back safe

H

Herr Heckler Koch

If you have the employment and skill set to be ordered away for so long, then I highly recommend Nassim Nicholas Taleb's The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable.

I'm slowly working through his technical papers, freely available here

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...ZTBmNS00MGMwLWIxNmQtYjMyNDFiYjY0MTJl&hl=en_GB

Here's his homepage with biography and stuff http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/

Applying his Ludic fallacy and fractal complex systems to Bayesian epistemology/inference has got my mind simmering. Logical inference is not bound by any arrow of time, cause -> effect or the Second Law...

nevinsb

Thanks again for your service. Hopefully you are out of there by the time I show up with my MK-19.