• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Meet and Greet (EAT!!)

John563

Ok let’s try this....... KC meet and greet Saturday January 7th. 1700 Location to be determined. This may be just me but I think that our meets started to fall apart when we started to move the dates and time around. I think that it needs to go back to a single day and time of the month. That way people know the day and the time that the meets will be and can plan for them. (Just me) What do you all think?

DWCook

Activist Member
I be up for this but my current work schedule will conflict with the date and time your specifying. I work Monday nights and Tuesdays nights 2200-0600, not off till wed morning at 0600 obviously. Then I work Thursday through Sunday 1615-2215, so I will most likely be out for this meet if the times are what they are. I work in Kansas City, Missouri too.

G30Mike

The girlfriend and I would love to meet up as well. As long as its not too far of a drive we can make it.

mobodyguard

Ok let’s try this....... KC meet and greet Saturday January 7th. 1700 Location to be determined. This may be just me but I think that our meets started to fall apart when we started to move the dates and time around. I think that it needs to go back to a single day and time of the month. That way people know the day and the time that the meets will be and can plan for them. (Just me) What do you all think?

im with JXD here, lets go back to setting something solid, I have missed you guys and ladies. I have a wife I have to show off now lol. So im up for anything.

kcgunfan

What's the new Glock? Personally, I'm looking forward to getting a Stag Arms model 3G from Santa.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

mspgunner

Gun day - MO

A bit off your subject, but maybe not. Gun day inJeffereson City is April 18th next year, us STL area folks have met a few of you KC area folks.
Gun Day in Jeff City might be a good time for us all to go out and do lunch together... Just food for thought...

I'll bounce it as a post here on OC DC too.

afcarry

A bit off your subject, but maybe not. Gun day inJeffereson City is April 18th next year, us STL area folks have met a few of you KC area folks.
Gun Day in Jeff City might be a good time for us all to go out and do lunch together... Just food for thought...

I know Jeff city is a bit of a drive even for those of us in the Warrensburg area, I'm not sure how much response you'll get from KCers.

Pete, no i haven't tried out these new glocks, yet. I cant say I am all that psyched about new glocks. Ever since their inception they have been some of the most reliable hard hitting weapons made. Since I am right handed, have very few problems with my old glock's grip, and know how to push the mag release button without fumbling, I have to say that the only real improvement that I can see is the introduction of a dual captured recoil spring for the .40. Not sure if the .357 Sig has one of those or not (for you) but it was much needed for the gen 3 G23s.

Redbaron007

I know Jeff city is a bit of a drive even for those of us in the Warrensburg area, I'm not sure how much response you'll get from KCers.

Pete, no i haven't tried out these new glocks, yet. I cant say I am all that psyched about new glocks. Ever since their inception they have been some of the most reliable hard hitting weapons made. Since I am right handed, have very few problems with my old glock's grip, and know how to push the mag release button without fumbling, I have to say that the only real improvement that I can see is the introduction of a dual captured recoil spring for the .40. Not sure if the .357 Sig has one of those or not (for you) but it was much needed for the gen 3 G23s.

Isn't that the Wed after NRA convention in STL?

I would like to drive up to the NRA deal, but also do gun day.....but will have to see. Not sure I can do both.

mspgunner

The NRA Convention is April 13,14 ,15 and Gun day at the Capitol is April 18th.

I've met soem of the KC folks at Gun day, that's why I made the post.

There are hundreds who take the trip to impress on the legislators our commitment to 2nd amendment rights.

I personally have taken 3 weeksof my vacation to make trips to Jefferson City.
I'll meet up with some OC folks from there as well as beat on the doors at the capitol to talk with legislators.

We have a lot of pro-2A legislators, we need to let them know we are interested in our rights.
That's why, after 2A Bills are introduced it's important to call, write or email "your" legislators and ask them to support bills that return our 2A rights.

I hope I'll get to meet a lot of you all in Jeffereson City April 18th!
It's a sacrifice of time to do this, but if you feel strongly enough......