• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man dies of gunshot wound at range.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
My prayers go out to his family whoever he was.

I spoke with some officers from Mooresville PD when they came in for their coffe break at the Circle K my buddy works at. They told me the investigation was still ongoing. They weren't at liberty to give any details yet and didn't want to spread speculation.

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
I've never rented a firearm at a range before. Do they do a background check before they rent to you? The reason I ask is that this man may have fallen into the category of individuals who are not permitted to own a firearm. If he was indeed renting, that may explain why.

M

mattwestm

Most places do not perform background checks for renting firearms. However, I have heard of ranges requiring you to bring a range buddy if you are only renting a gun and not shooting your own. I guess the mentality is that if you plan on committing suicide, you probably aren't going to bring a friend with you.

ncwabbit

sounds good in theory but...

a denver range midsummer had two sisters from down under try the murder suicide and one was a bad shot so one lived...so the buddy system might be flawed a bit...

wabbit