• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Phantom holster ok for OC?

09jisaac

Most likely you will never have a problem with this holster. But you may want a retention holster for that one time if it does happen.

2A Pride

You could have a family member put on the holster with your safety-checked weapon and the type of belt you usually wear. My guess is it isn't going to come out of the holster unless drawn out from the position of the one who is wearing it.

Carry Safely, Carry Proudly, and Carry ALWAYS

usnvet86

Thanks for the replys. Its a great holster and would hate to leave it behind. I was thinking maybe I can have my wife try and steal it from me once I safety check it. I talked with her about it and said if you notice there is no magazine you can try and steal it when Im not paying attention. It may be stupid but I figure if I can protect it while Im relaxed in my house then I can protect it when Im in code yellow :p

09jisaac

Thanks for the replys. Its a great holster and would hate to leave it behind. I was thinking maybe I can have my wife try and steal it from me once I safety check it. I talked with her about it and said if you notice there is no magazine you can try and steal it when Im not paying attention. It may be stupid but I figure if I can protect it while Im relaxed in my house then I can protect it when Im in code yellow :p

If she is anything like my gf she won't fight too hard for your gun. One quick elbow to the nose and she'll stop the simulated attack. Most attackers would be more determined than that.

usnvet86

If she is anything like my gf she won't fight too hard for your gun. One quick elbow to the nose and she'll stop the simulated attack. Most attackers would be more determined than that.

Hahaha! I meant more along the lines of grabbing her arm before she can pull it. Then messing with her and apply a pressure point haha. Keeping the gun in the holster is half the battle. The steps after that are damn near life or death so I also have a knife on my weak side providing I have a chance to get to it during a struggle and a pretty nasty heal palm strike. Not moves for the wife haha.