• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the forum

rbaconator

Hello everyone. My name is Ross. I carry a Kimber1911 desert warrior in a Vapor tactical drop leg holster and I love the combo. This is the same holster I carried my Beretta M9 in when I was deployed to Iraq in 06 and 07. I purchased my side arm in June of 07 when i was home on leave and wished I could carry it instead of the POS M9. Since getting home and getting out I have OCed on a semi regular basis but recently decided to carry as many of you do. To defend myself, loved ones and personal property. But also because cops are heavy and its really good at ******* off the liberals that I encounter now and then. I know that when I OC that I need to conduct myself in a responsible and calm manner. From what I have read in other threads I figure that most days OC doesn't draw much attention and when it does it seems to be positive. But I know that there are some undereducated and ignorant people out there that really believe that guns are the problem and not the person behind the trigger. I have only had the opportunity to meet with one such individual that said I needed a CWP to carry a pistol. I explained the state laws giving me authorization to OC and explained in what situations I would be required to have one. I hope I can use the "if I were the criminal you accuse me to be..." line to shock someone back to life.

BTW are there any fellow OCers in the Wenatchee or Moses lake areas?

decklin

Hello and welcome from a fellow veteran. OIF 07-08 and 09-10. I was an 11B. How about you? And nice choice on the 1911. I carry a Sig 1911 Target myself.

fire suppressor

Welcome to the forum I think you'll find open carry for the most part goes unnoticed and without any problems or issues. Thank you for serving and defending our country. I always wanted to enlist but a heart defect kept me out. Glad your safe and made it home

Last edited:

rbaconator

Thanks much for the welcomes. I was a 63B wheeled vehicle mechanic. My tour was pretty uneventful except for having to use my gas mask in a real world situation. Not exactly how much I can say about it because of the security clearance I had but basically the good guys were using tear gas and other non leathals on some of the REALLY bad guys that somehow ignited their mattresses. So that was interesting lol.

MadHatter66

Welcome aboard! Feel free to post any questions about carrying in WA and you will probably get a ton of reply's and end up knowing not only the answer, but also the background, legislative intent, court decisions, LE interpretation, recent research and personal opinion an much much more than you ever intended to know about that topic. :lol:

M1Gunr said:
Read up on the stickies that are posted

+1 There is a TON of information in the stickies... Definitely worth reading though and asking about things you might want clarified.

rbaconator

I have read most of the WA stickies and several other threads with many laughs and insight on how to deal with some of the libs that may approach me. I would be interested in attending a OC event but its 2-3 hours to any of the "big" cities these events seem to take place in. How might I organize something like this locally?

Jayd1981

I have read most of the WA stickies and several other threads with many laughs and insight on how to deal with some of the libs that may approach me. I would be interested in attending a OC event but its 2-3 hours to any of the "big" cities these events seem to take place in. How might I organize something like this locally?

You contact other members near you (or just put up a post asking those around you interested in meeting up to reply). Then pick a place and time for everyone to meet, share it, and show up.

rbaconator

Welcome to OCDO, please have thick skin, read the rules and join us for coffee soon.

the last name of bacon has given me a plently thick skin. the army has honed my talent for returning the "fire" so to speak. i have read the rules and would be happy to meet for coffee or whatever when time and budget will allow me to. and seeing that i have officially given Starbucks a +1 and brought them back to neutral i will agree to set foot inside for a purpose other than to use the latrine :shocker:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Like gogo said, keep a thick skin even the senior forum members need it. You will find most people here are driven by facts. When posting make sure to provide as many facts, proof, citations of laws, case law, etc as possible that backs your thoughts or claims.

If you do that you will not feel beat on as bad :) everyone had had there fair share.

If you want to give a personal opinion, make sure they know its such. And as before give evidence as to how you formed said opinion.

:)

Carry on!

rbaconator

Like gogo said, keep a thick skin even the senior forum members need it. You will find most people here are driven by facts. When posting make sure to provide as many facts, proof, citations of laws, case law, etc as possible that backs your thoughts or claims.

If you do that you will not feel beat on as bad :) everyone had had there fair share.

If you want to give a personal opinion, make sure they know its such. And as before give evidence as to how you formed said opinion.

:)

Carry on!

I should have known to do that already :banghead: lol. In the future I will try to remember to post where I found my info or if its just a IMHO comment I'll do my best to explain what formed my opinion.