• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Decent open carry experience today

Icarry2

Went to Ross off of coors and paseo today, and when me and my girl were checking out the cashier asked if I was off duty. I told him no and that I was carrying for self protection. He said "i didnt realize you could do that". I then explained to him that new mexico is an open carry state and that it was legal as long as there weren't any signs posted stating no firearms. he then started asking about what kind of firearm it was and seemed quite interested. It was nice to see someone that didnt freak out over the sight of a gun and to be able to inform about our local laws. This was the first time anyone had even noticed or said anything about me carrying. Just thought I'd share.

cmontanojr

I agree. I like when I get to educate people on our great gun laws! Most people are unaware they can open carry to protect themselves and their families. I think most people just assume open carriers are cops and that's why it rarely gets brought up in conversation.