• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Krs

righttobarearms

witch KRS should i read up on about open carrying?
im getting a ruger sr40 soon for open carrying and i want to know more about the laws just in case i get stopped or have a event of any sort.

also
does anyone know if the ruger sr40 is as good as they say?

Johnburns15

I would say it's about as reliable as the sr9 and sr9c. I have the sr9c and the only time I've really had an issue was after dropping it it the mud then trying to shoot it, it wouldn't eject the cartridges. But other then that I think it's a great gun

09jisaac

65.879- All gun laws in kentucky are uniform, no government besides KY state government and the feds can make firearm laws in KY. If a local GOV has a sign up then it is illegal.

237- Most Kentucky gun laws

527- "Offenses relating to firearms and weapons"

244.125 say you can't have a loaded firearm in a establishment that sales alcohol by the drink to be consumed there unless it is a restaurant.

Like gutshot said, the constitution gives us the right to carry, not a KRS. There is no krs saying that it is lawful to carry.

Thos.Jefferson

65.879- All gun laws in kentucky are uniform, no government besides KY state government and the feds can make firearm laws in KY. If a local GOV has a sign up then it is illegal.

237- Most Kentucky gun laws

527- "Offenses relating to firearms and weapons"

244.125 say you can't have a loaded firearm in a establishment that sales alcohol by the drink to be consumed there unless it is a restaurant.

Like gutshot said, the constitution gives us the right to carry, not a KRS. There is no krs saying that it is lawful to carry.

The Constitution does NOT "give" Us the Right to bear arms !!!!!! All Rights are endowed to Us By the Creator upon Our existance. The Constitution merely enshrines and protects the Right against government intrusion. The very notion that Rights come from the establishment of government is repugnant to the very ideals of a free society. Please stop with the disinformation. End of Rant