• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metro shoots another one.

28kfps

LAS VEGAS — The 43-year-old Gulf War veteran gunned down by Las Vegas police in a weekend parking lot confrontation felt like his life was spiraling out of control and sought help from a veterans advocate days before he was killed.

Stanley Lavon Gibson suffered from cancer he blamed on his Army service, faced eviction from his home, and was due for sentencing on an assault charge after an argument with a Veterans Affairs doctor.

They showed a video of this shooting and early reports are saying the LEO that open up on him did so after another officer had shot a bean bag at the guy. The early thought is the second officer started shooting after hearing the bean bag shot thinking the driver was who was not armed was shooting at the LEOs.

Vegassteve

Yep its getting ugly down here. Another report had him ramming police cars, but I guess someones phone video shows that not to be the case.

Nevada carrier

He was recently arrested for resisting arrest. No other charge, just resisting arrest.

well that makes no sense! how do you get a resisting arrest charge without some other preceding crime to be arrested for in the first place. If you were not guilty of the crime you were being arrested for and the charges were dropped, it stands to reason that your resistance to the arrest is understandable.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
well that makes no sense! how do you get a resisting arrest charge without some other preceding crime to be arrested for in the first place. If you were not guilty of the crime you were being arrested for and the charges were dropped, it stands to reason that your resistance to the arrest is understandable.

Don't believe it. Fella served five (5) years for possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony. When asked what the felony was, he replied that he was aquitted of that charge. But there he sat, doing time.

It's not that life is strange, it's that justice is freaking crazy.

stay safe.

usmcmustang

WOW. I am more and more disgusted with the people in our justice system every day. I believe it is the best system in the world but good-god some of the people that administer the system most certainly are not.

But Randy... the system IS/ARE the people administering IT and the people administering IT IS/ARE the system. The people (NOT we, the people) "protect" the system and "hide" within it.