• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question, would this be considered concealed?

importinvasion

Whats up, I was doing some thinking and came up with something im not sure about. I have a vault style safe that is mounted to the rear seat in my wrangler and opens with a key. I oc, but in the event that I have to drive with people in my vehicle who I dont really want to know I carry, can I remove the mag, and lock the gun in the safe while I DRIVE. Ammunition is seperate, and gun is in a locked container that requires a key. Would this be considered concealing? I was thinking its kind of like when you first bring gun home from the store in its original case. There is no trunk on my vehicle, so it is in the car. I appreciate any input here. Thanks :lol:

Carry24/7

Sounds like a good plan to me but if someone is in MY car, house, or whatever they will just have to get over the fact I have a loaded gun.

dashowdy

you are fine there as long as it is not about your person or easily accessable by you or passengers it is not concealed. It has no bearing whether or not it is loaded as far as law enforcement would be concerned. I occasionally lock mine in my glovebox but that is when I am getting out of the car and cannot take it in with me where I am going. But in my car I will OC if I want and if they are not cool with it they can get where we are going another way.

importinvasion

Thanks guys, I understand exactly what you guys mean about people getting over it. The situation was I had a young child and his mom who were visiting and mom didn't want to expose the kid to the sight of a firearm. Had it been my child its a different story, I would expect them to learn and eventually join me on the range. But this was not my kid to teach, and the parent has no knowledge of firearms. It just seemed easier to leave it at home. Some battles are not worth getting into, when they will be going right back to their anti gun state of ny.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

muccione

and the parent has no knowledge of firearms. It just seemed easier to leave it at home. Some battles are not worth getting into, when they will be going right back to their anti gun state of ny.

What happens when she sees a cop? "officer could you hide you gun! It's scaring my child" The poor child will never grow up with a childish Mother.

G30Mike

What happens when she sees a cop? "officer could you hide you gun! It's scaring my child" The poor child will never grow up with a childish Mother.

Uh, because cops are the only ones who should be able to have guns of course. When will us silly Americans learn this.....:banghead:

Kinda funny, my son is 15 months old and he knows what is in a gun case. His first word was gun, and he says it very well and recognises a gun whether it be a rifle, shotgun, or pistol. Ill have to video when we go to the local gunshop and post it, the guys there get a kick out of his reaction every time.

importinvasion

I got u guys, I'm a former leo from ny, so trust me my family knows I carry, and knows that guns are just tools. But where they are from, either the cops have the guns, or the crooks. Citizens are not granted carry permits in nyc unless there are certain circumstances met which most don't. So I understand their being naive to the whole carry thing. If they doont want the kid exposed, what can I do. Some things not worth it in my opionion. Not for one or two car rides.... just saying.. if it was an everyday thing, different story entirely

muccione

Don't like the music I play in MY car while giving you a ride... TOUGH. You can ask someone else for a ride.
I'm pleasantly SHOCKED a leo or former leo even considers someones feelings.
As a "former Leo" you should already know the answer to the OP. Something is just not adding up here. I smell fish!!!!!

importinvasion

Don't like the music I play in MY car while giving you a ride... TOUGH. You can ask someone else for a ride.
I'm pleasantly SHOCKED a leo or former leo even considers someones feelings.
As a "former Leo" you should already know the answer to the OP. Something is just not adding up here. I smell fish!!!!!

Let's not go there bud, I ask questions here because this is a new state, with new laws for me. I know what I was taught and what I dealt with on a daily. There is simply no concealed carry in nyc unless you were a leo, plain and simple. Nobody carries there but leo's, as carry permits are not granted to anyone unless they meet next to impossible restrictions. Now with regards to carrying concealed, I ask because in nyc if its loaded, as suggested by another member, and not easily accesible then it is still considered a CONCEALED firearm by NYC standards, and could still = an arrest. Here aparently it is not, so let's not get into a whole "fishy" conversation because you will lose. Every state has its own laws and regs, what would make you think its the same everywhere? I ask ?'s because I want to know how the laws are interpreted here. Let's keep the comments on a positve note shall we. To those who had + feedback, thanks.

smlawrence

In all honesty, remember that for the most part you are obtaining opinions here. Every officer could be different in their interpretation of the law.